Chapter 25: Unwavering Suneater

Y/n and Tamaki are back at the hospital, and emotions are running high for both of them :0 Enjoy!

The hospital was abuzz with noise but because of your sister you were used to the scene. You could see Tamaki being wheeled into a room so you followed.

I can't believe I said I love you already. Maybe it's too soon...I know I''m ready to say it. Is he?

Your mind raced but you wanted to make sure he was alright, so you walked into his room. A nurse and doctor were cleaning his shoulder wound and he was already hooked up to an IV. You made eye contact with him and smiled.

"W-Will I need stitches?" he asked the doctor. She gave him an impartial smile and nodded.

"It will just keep bleeding if we don't...I don't have a healing quirk and our best healing doctors are extremely busy today but once they get to you, they'll heal you completely. This is just temporary." she said. She inserted a needle near the wound and then waited. She gently tapped him and said, "Do you feel that?"

Tamaki shook his head so she started the stitches. You took a seat near the window, watching them from the sidelines carefully.

...

After the nurse and the doctor left, it was just you and Tamaki in the small hospital room. "Tamaki...do you want me to call your parents?" you asked. He shook his head.

"I already had that nurse call them for me. They'll be here later. Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"D-Did I hear you correctly...when you said that?"

"Y-You mean I love you right?"

"Y-Yes," Tamaki said, a deep blush settling on his handsome face. "I-It just took me by surprise is all. You always manage to surprise me y/n. You're one of the most important people to me, a-and I don't deserve you."

You immediately shook your head and stood up. Your stare was intense as you walked over to his hospital bed and he looked a little frightened by you. "U-Um y/n? Are you g-gonna do s-something--"

His words were cut off by your lips on his, your teeth almost pressing together by the pressure of the kiss. You cocked your head to the side and cupped his face in your hands. "When are you going to say you deserve all of the good things you have?" you muttered against his lips.

He hummed in response, his shaky hands resting on your shoulders. You broke the kiss and gazed at him, your eyebrows furrowing together slightly. "Huh? When are you going to say that Tamaki?"

"W-When I really believe it y/n," he replied, the corners of his mouth pulling upwards into a tiny smile. "But I need you to know...that I...I do love you too. I j-just have some things I need to work on...for myself," he explained, his dark eyes softening for a moment, "because during that villain attack you reacted immediately to the situation and I...was frozen. I-I was scared...but because of you...I was able to fight. I need to be able to be the kind of hero that is...unwavering."

"You might not have reacted to him instantly, but you protected me from the shards of glass. You got hurt because of me...you are really amazing Tamaki!"

"I would shield you again and again if it meant you were safe! I would never hesitate for you!" Tamaki said, his voice louder than you had ever heard it before. His grip on your shoulders tightened and loosened as his whole body shook. "But I hesitate when it comes to strangers and villains...I n-need to really work on that..."

"I-I understand Tamaki."

"Haha, it feels like yesterday when I was telling you not to get hurt...I guess this is what heroes really deal with," he remarked. You smiled fondly at the memory of him bursting into Recovery Girl's office, the only thing on his mind was you.

"We'll deal with it together then."

Tamaki grinned. "Hey y/n? You just chose your name for your hero code-name right?"

"Yeah, I still can't think of anything yet. I swear I'll change it," you replied. "Why?"

"Because Mirio...he says that I should be called Suneater, a-and maybe having an official hero name will help things feel more...real? What do you think?"

"I think that's a wonderful name Tamaki! It totally suits you!" you said, the excitement evident in your voice. "I love it."

"Oh yeah? W-Well I love you!"

"Aw, you're too cheesy!"

Meanwhile, the nurses standing in the hallway were rolling their eyes at you two. "Youngsters these days am I right? Finding love and all. When is that going to happen to me huh?" one of them commented. 

But neither you or Suneater paid any mind to them.