Chapter 23: What Now?

With the week long internships over, y/n and Tamaki have some time to kill...and there's something important that they haven't done ^_^ Enjoy!

You had the entire weekend to yourself and you couldn't think of anything you wanted to do! Kyoko was hanging out with some friends from school, your mom was at work, and you were stuck at home.

Doing nothing.

I want to see Tamaki...but I'm sure he's busy, you thought. You grabbed your phone anyway. I'll just send him a quick text!

You: I'm boooooored Tamaki! Come save me!

A few minutes passed until you got a response.

Tamaki <3: where's your house? I can come over I just finished all my chores

You almost squealed in excitement at the thought of him coming over.

You: that sounds great! I live on Windy street by the park. It's a small blue house

Tamaki <3: lol windy street? Ok

You two texted back and forth for a few more minutes until he said that he would be at your house in ten minutes. He also said to wear something nice which you raised an eyebrow at. Do I even have anything that's nice? How nice is he talking? Formal...semi-formal...? 

Your thoughts raced as you quickly threw on an outfit: a plain black shirt with a patterned skirt and comfortable boots. Your scar on your leg was partially covered by your boot, but it still was an angry red color. With a sigh you took off your boot and bandaged up your leg up to cover it completely.

When it's totally healed I won't do that...I'll try my best to be proud of my scars! 

You grabbed a pen and paper so you could leave your mom a note in case she came home before you.

Just as you put the note on the kitchen table, someone knocked softly on the door, followed by a quiet, "Y/n? Is this the right h-house?" You chuckled and opened the front door. Tamaki gave you a tiny smile and heat rushed to your cheeks immediately when you saw how dressed up he was.

He was wearing a white button down shirt with a black blazer and black pants. His hair seemed less messy than usual, like he had tried to style it but gave up in the middle of it. "Hey y/n. D-Did I take too long?"

"No not at all." you replied, still eyeing him shamelessly. "Uh...uhm...is there a reason why we're both dressed up?"

"W-Well...I was thinking that...because of our internships we never really got to h-have our first date. And I think that's just awful...so I was wondering if you would be willing to go out with me today?"

His voice was tinged with such tenderness, that you couldn't help but break into a wide smile. "Of course I will go out with you. I want to know all about your internship too!"

He smiled when you said that, his dark eyes softening at the corners. You stepped outside, locking the door behind you. "Where are we going?"

"I-I wanted to take you somewhere nice. So did you want to get an early dinner?"

"Yeah! That sounds great." you said, always ready to eat some good food. Tamaki reached down and clasped your hand in his gently. His elf-like ears were stained red along with his face, but his hand was steady.

You squeezed it gently while you two walked away from your house. It felt like the only people in the world were you and Tamaki, like everything else had just melted away. The walk to downtown was spent in comfortable silence but your heart was racing fast.