Chapter 24: Fight On U.A. Students!

I've wanted to write this out for a while now so I hope it's good! Tamaki gets some time to really shine sweet bby. Enjoy!

Despite your every screaming instinct to not go inside the burning building, you persevered and ran in. You put up a force field, just as a large beam broke off from the ceiling and crashed above you. Beads of sweat formed on your forehead but you wiped them away angrily.

"It's fine y/n. You're safe...just focus."

You traveled quickly around the first floor, coming up empty on people to rescue. Luckily this place only had two floors,so  it shouldn't take much more time.

When you found the stairs you were disappointed to see that they were on fire and they looked incredibly unstable. There was no way you could navigate them safely!

"Damn it! Ugh...what the hell. I wish I could float."

It was hard enough being in a hamster ball of a force field because you had to roll every where, so stairs were a big weakness of yours.

"Damn it!" you shouted, enraged at your own foolishness. You de-activated your quirk, covered your mouth, and bolted up the stairs. Fire licked at your legs but thanks to the physical training you had gotten from U.A. and from fighting Todoroki, you were able to navigate around them and keep a steady footing.

You made it past the stairs and called out for people. "Is anyone still here? I'm a hero!" you called out.

You put your force field back up when you heard a weak, "I'm...over here..." It almost sounded like a little girl!

You followed her tiny voice until you found her. She was crouching in a little ball near the wall, her tiny face stained with soot and tears. She looked about seven or so and you immediately enclosed her into your force field.

You crouched down next to her as she gazed at you with big scared eyes. "It's alright. You're safe now...nothing will hurt you anymore."

Damn...now we have to roll down those stairs...we'll be fine though. I think.

...

Tamaki realized that in a fight, things sometimes moved in slow motion. But unfortunately he was learning that the hard way.

The unnamed villain dodged Tamaki's punch and swiftly kicked him in the stomach. Tamaki flew backwards, but managed to create some wings that made a gust of wind underneath him. He steadied himself, thankful that he had eaten fried chicken with his breakfast.

"That's quite a quirk boy! To bad the wielder isn't much!" the villain yelled, his face pulled into a tight grin. "I'll try to make your death as painless as possible...if you just stop struggling."

"N-No thank you!" Tamaki replied, sheltering himself behind a huge clam shell. So far, he wasn't sure what the villain's quirk was so going on the defense for now would be the best option right? As soon as he was safe behind the clam shell he shot out some large tentacles at the villain in hopes that he could restrain him.

Just as the tentacles wrapped around the villain's body, Tamaki saw y/n emerge from the burning building cradling a little girl in her arms. 

Tamaki's eyes widened at the sight and he roughly slammed the villain into the sidewalk. Usually he would be too timid to inflict a lot of pain on someone, but seeing that scared little girl made his blood boil. How could someone have no regard for human life at all?

"Y-You're awful..." Tamaki muttered under his breath as he raised the villain up again and slammed him back into the hard concrete. He cried out in pain but Tamaki refused to loosen his grip on him. "I won't let you just do what you want to people. Treating people like their nothing is the worst t-thing!"

A few tears welled up in his eyes and ran down Tamaki's cheek but he immediately wiped them away.

You saw it from where you were though, and it felt like a stab in your heart. If I was stronger...Tamaki wouldn't have to face this guy alone! I'm sorry Tamaki!

"Keep calm everyone! The pros are here!"

...

It felt like the entire day had lasted for years, but in reality the villain ordeal had only lasted a few minutes. Plus it was a huge blur once the pros appeared on the scene. You and Tamaki were praised for your courage before you both were carted off in an ambulance, separate from the one the little girl was in.

Because of Tamaki's fight his shoulder wound was bleeding more rapidly now, but the paramedics had placed some thick bandages on it to hold out until you got to the hospital. His breathing was slightly ragged and his skin was paler than usual but despite all that, he still held onto your hand tightly as he lay on the gurney.

You were sitting next to him, trying to be cheery about the whole situation.

"Y/n...we did it." he whispered weakly, breaking the silence.

"Mm...you were incredible Tamaki...you were stronger than some pros I've seen on t.v! I mean I think they know that they have real competition now!" you said, your voice cheery but tired.

Tamaki grinned before closing his eyes as if he was going to sleep. "I'm sorry about our date. I-I'll make it up to you I promise..."

"Are you kidding? It was perfect Tamaki." you said, leaning down and gently kissing his cheek. He cracked open one eye and you remembered the tears that he had shed during his fight.

I'll make him feel comfortable now...he deserves it, you thought before planting another kiss on the side of his neck. His skin tasted salty from his sweat, but you didn't mind. He shuddered slightly under your touch which just propelled you further.

You worked your way up, planting kisses around his jaw, chin, and finally his lips. They melded together perfectly and you wished you could kiss him for hours. But unfortunately the paramedics announced that they had arrived at the hospital and you two had to get out.

You heart raced and you bit down on your lower lip. The adrenaline of your fight had worn off and you were left with something that you ached to tell Tamaki.

"Tamaki...listen to me. Tamaki?"

"Yes?" he asked, the paramedics already grabbing hold of the gurney he was on.

"I love you."

Tamaki made a loud sound as if he was gasping for air before the paramedics quickly rolled him away leaving you to stand by the ambulance. You sighed, steadying yourself, and walked into the hospital.

I'll get a proper answer soon enough I suppose...