Chapter 17: Together

Y/n's fight in the second round is starting. Will Tamaki surprise her or will she surprise him? Guess we'll have to see. Enjoy!

After chowing down on some unhealthy food with Tamaki, you were ready to go back to the stadium and wait for your fight to begin. Plus you weren't sure if your heart would be able to handle being alone with Tamaki one second more. Maybe Mirio and Nejire could act as barriers for your own awkwardness.

You both walked back to your seats, and strangely Mirio and Nejire were both silent. They were both grinning though so you assumed nothing was actually wrong with them. Mirio was the first to speak.

"How's it going my friends?" he asked with a wide grin plastered on his face. His naturally round eyes were unblinking and stared right through you and Tamaki which would've creeped you out if he didn't look so goofy.

"It's going good actually." Tamaki responded, sitting on Mirio's left side. Tamaki patted the seat next to him and you felt your cheeks grow warm. Nejire was sitting on Mirio's right side, so it didn't seem like they were going to be your barriers after all. "The food at the food stands...it's so greasy...but so cheap and good."

"Mmhmm, that's the best! You guys missed a few matches, but now it's the last match of the first round so I guess you two got here just in time!" Mirio grinned. You nodded at his words, your heartbeat increasing at the prospect of your next fight.

"So did that girl who hit you win?" You asked.

Mirio chuckled and nodded. "Yeah she's pretty tough!" Nejire pouted and rolled her eyes, her back slumping against her seat.

"She wasn't that good. She's not a very...hero-like person." Nejire said and you couldn't help but agree a bit.

"I won't mind beating someone who isn't hero-like. It'll probably be fun!" you replied with a smile. Tamaki shuddered slightly and clutched his sides.

"I think we have different ideas of f-fun y/n."

"Yeah probably!"

The last match of the first round began, two kids from class 1-A and you tried to focus on it as long as you could. But with Tamaki sitting right next to you it was kind of hard. "They're both really good." Tamaki breathed in your ear and you squeaked in surprise.

"Y-Yeah! They are." you managed to say, painfully aware of how close his lips had been to your face. He gave you a crooked smile before turning his attention back to the match. After this it would be your turn to go back to the arena and the nervousness was starting to eat away at your confidence. The fight was almost over...

"I better get going guys."

"Damn already? Good luck y/n. We'll have our eyes glued on the match!" Nejire said, giving you a thumbs up. Mirio did the same, but Tamaki stayed silent.

"Thanks guys."

"Y/n, can I w-walk you to the waiting room?" Tamaki asked suddenly. You smiled at him and nodded your head. His company would definitely be a good distraction. With a few short hugs from Mirio and Nejire, you two left for the waiting rooms.

"Thanks for walking with me Tamaki. I'm so nervous...I don't feel good..." you confessed when you two were out of earshot. Tamaki sighed.

"I know how that feels y/n. But you're so amazing...don't let it get to you. And like you said...if you feel like you're getting beaten, just look for me. I'll be there." He said, his voice tender and sweet. "I'll always be there."

"Tamaki..." you breathed. You quickly looked over your shoulder to make sure no one was around before you lost your nerve. "Thank you."

As soon as the words left your lips, you leaned forward and pressed them onto his incredibly soft ones. You felt him gasp in surprise and you pulled away, ending the kiss as quickly as it had begun. Your heart pounded in your chest so loudly that you thought it would explode, but you were more anxious about how Tamaki would react.

"Y/n!" he exclaimed his cheeks and pointy ears were a bright red. "I-I...w-was...I've never done that! I-It couldn't h...have been good! Oh no...!"

"Tamaki." you said, your voice firm. His wide eyes met yours and he stilled himself. "I'm sorry...that was selfish of me...but I just really felt like kissing you. It wasn't a disappointment either." He furrowed his eyebrows, his hands wringing themselves together tightly. "I think we have a lot to talk about."

"Don't a-apologize to me...I wanted to k-kiss you too! But I felt l-like I didn't deserve to kiss someone like you. Y-You're way out of my league..." He confessed. "I wanted to k-kiss you when we w-were training together."

Now it was your turn to blush darkly. "Really!?"

Tamaki nodded, his words not forming yet. Your lips pulled into a smile, tears of happiness threatening to spill out of your eyes. When he saw your tears though he furrowed his eyebrows and looked quite worried.

"Y/n...? Are you--"

"I'm fine! It's just so...surprising to hear. I thought that this silly crush would be one-sided you know? I'm...I'm new at this too." you explained, your hands reaching over to caress his gently. He sighed, relaxing into your touch, his skin hot to the touch.

"Then w-we'll learn together right?"

"Yeah--"

"Ladies and gentlemen!! Our second round is about to start!!" Present Mic's insanely loud voice announced. You gasped, your hands leaving Tamaki's.

"Shit! I gotta go!"

"Good luck y/n. I'll be watching."

"Thank you!" you shouted, already running towards the hallway that led to the arena. The blinding sunlight hit your eyes, and you bounded up the arena's steps.

"FROM CLASS 1-B, Y/N L/N A FIERY NEW COMPETITOR FOR THE TOP SPOT AAAND FROM CLASS 1-A, YOKO...just Yoko...? Huh...IS THIS A RIVALRY OF THE CLASSES OR WHAT?!"

The crowd roared and you relished in the idea that maybe some of them were really rooting for you to be victoriuos.

"Well, it doesn't matter if they support me or not. He's all I care about..." you muttered to yourself, your eyes meeting Yoko's determined ones from across the arena. "This fight will be for both him and me!"