Chapter 22 "Shattered"

You run, and end up warping near the battlefield, filled with strawberry bushes. But you see Amethyst and Pearl there, kissing and held in each other's embrace (squeeeee). They pull apart, and notice you. Garnet appears behind you, and you're held between the two. But you manage to avert her, but then decide it's not going to be enough. She'll catch up.
You edge the spear closer to your hand. Garnet finally realizes what's happening, and so do Amethyst and Pearl.
"No. You won't." Garnet tells you, and urges you to stop, even unfusing to try and stop you, but it's too late. The realization of what you've done sinks in. She starts to cry, and behind her appears Steven, crying already. He rushes to your side and cries over your palm. You manage a sorry smile to all the Gems before feeling the crack deepening. Garnet gets up. Her tears get louder, and she suddenly shouts a deep "NO!"
Before you know it, she's rushed at your side, clutching your entirety. You feel a deep light, and the light ascends. Fusion. But it doesn't work, and you fall again, deepening the crack. "Let it happen! I'm only making it worse! JUST LET ME GO!" You yell, trying to run off, but get pulled back by your lover.
"Leave me..." you urge, and the sobs rack your entire body.
"No. Just, calm down." The EYE was sure to kill you soon, wasn't it? As if on cue, the device follows you, and before you appears Yellow Diamond herself. "You didn't do it. Thank the Colossals." She runs up to hug you, and her touch makes you feel everything in your body. "Yellow?" You pull back from her hug. Memories flood through. Intimate moments, and deathly moments. "You... were... my mate?" Garnet gasps. "I know this is different." You laugh sarcastically. "Different? Ah, it's nothing. I have no mate, she isn't even here." Garnet smiles when she sees you happy, but Yellow doesn't look happy. "I thought it would change. Blue and White agreed it wouldn't have worked. But you were! You were a Diamond!" The words resonate through it all. "I was a Diamond?!" You cry out. Garnet positions herself next to you, and hugs you from the side. "Diamond or not, why couldn't she talk to me? I AM HER MATE." Garnet's voice rises. "I was- jealous. Jealous you didn't know, Black." Garnet turns to you. "Her name is y/n." Yellow returns to her gigantic form, and scoops you up, kissing you on the forehead. "I suppose it never would've worked. Disguising you as an Amber suits you well, does it not?" She flirts, and you laugh, making Garnet grumble and growl in jealousy. You say a toughening goodbye, and the rest of the Gems cry when they see you. Bismuth, Jade, Kyanite and Peridot all sit down with you in a group hug, and soon enough you all find yourselves in Steven's house. The others promise to return soon, but leave to serve Homeworld, agreeing that after the incident, they would not serve as they did before. Even Yellow had tried to make it different, but it never would change. Never.
And so that night you lay with your lover, embracing her tightly before letting yourself be engulfed in sleep.
"I adore you." Garnet says, and you answer back. "I adore you too." And she kisses you, so deeply you fear losing oxygen you don't even need. Then you sleep.

                                    END.

PS: will be a sequel in near future! ENJOY SO LONG. :)
Hope xx ~