Chapter 14 "That Smile"

QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm dying of tears and happiness! 180 FREAKING READS??? YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING- I JUST CAN'T EVEN. NOW CONTINUE READING, please.

"Love?" Peridot and Lapis are sitting next to you, smiling. "Yeah." You look at Garnet in the far distance, sitting with Steven and talking. Pumpkin and Watermelon Steven are playing too. 

"You two are... in love?" Lapis asks, smiling. You nod, and get up. "Well, I'll leave you alone." They wave goodbye, and Lapis flies off, her smile remaining. You walk to Garnet, seeing that everyone has left, including all humans, gems and strange hybrid fruit-animals. "You're all alone." You say out loud, and cover your mouth when you realize you did. She laughs. "I love you." She kisses your cheek. Then you smile, and she smiles back. That smile... She thinks the same of you, and you've forgotten that the mental block isn't properly worked out yet into your brain, and the bond was well heard. She thinks the same thing, and you both hear it, and you both blush. 

"I'm going to go, love." Garnet gets up, and smiles. "O-okay." You hug her, burying your face in her neck. She smiles. And once she's left, you sit into the void emptiness, silence surrounding you. You remember you have your phone and your headphones with you, so you plug them in and listen to a few songs, until you notice your favorite song has popped up (insert favorite song) and so you get up and start dancing. 

You look one more time around and start singing along, the dancing becoming irresistible. You smile and sing along, smiling to yourself. Your thoughts wander everywhere. And someone pops up, but you don't notice it. They suddenly grab you around your waist from behind, and you squeal. "Ah!" You turn around. "Garnet? You scared me." She smiles, kissing your cheek. "Sorry. You were just having so much fun I couldn't help but look and, well, join." She grins, and you turn to face her, and plug off the headphones, forgetting that the song is still playing. A slow song meant for a waltz start playing. You look at your phone, and funnily look at Garnet, who's arms are open to invite you, to dance. You imagine the scene being set. The lights, the empty seats and the stage. This was something you'd merely only imagined as a young girl, and even now it was fun to imagine it. Garnet smiled again, and she took your hand and led you through the dance. You laughed as your imagination wandered, enough for you to have a red dress on, and this made Garnet grin with glee of your happiness. Once the song ends, she brings you to her, closer than you've ever been together, and your back is pressed up against her chest, making you blush. Her hand and yours are intertwined, and the heat rises further into your cheeks. Your nose is pink too, eventually. She brings her mouth close to yours, almost touching your lips. Then Amethyst and Pearl come towards you, smiling. "Hey." You mutter, completely ignoring the fact that Garnet's towering over you as you sit, letting go of her hand. You try to whisper in your own mind, and it works. You smile at yourself, turning away from the group who's talking. There's always comfort in Garnet's size, she's big and protective. 

I'm sorry, Garnet.

It's alright. But I think that was... amazing. We should do that again.

You dance well, my- 

My what?

M-my, my love.

Garnet grins and laughs internally. 

I love you. 

I love you more.

I'm tired.

You are?

Yep. 

Thought Gems didn't get... 'tired'? You smirk.

They do, but not often. I think I'm going to go sleep now. 

See you then. You suddenly yawn. 

Hmm?

Scratch that, I'll join ya. It's late, and I've eaten already.

Good.

"Guys, we're gonna go sleep a little, and then maybe we'll go round the big donut, maybe sit around." Garnet says, and they nod. "Okay. Bye." Amethyst turns away, to a smiling and laughing Pearl. What are those two on about? 

Garnet replies to your thought. 

They're thinking we're going to er, you know. 

Oh. You laugh, and link your arms with hers and walk to your bedroom. She smiles again. That smile.

That smile. Garnet replies.