Chapter 4 "Dinner And A Charm"

Above is your bedroom ^^

You wave towards the Gems who have just came back from their mission. "Y/n. Glad you could make it." Garnet says, walking to the kitchen counter, and taking out the food she knew was ready (futuuuuure). Steven and Connie were sitting down already. You smile at Amethyst and Pearl, who are also sitting down, and Amethyst is waiting eagerly, while Pearl hasn't even glanced to that way. She's talking to the two children. It's just you and Garnet, so when she turns to you, visors off, and smiles, you smile back, heart fluttering annoyingly. You curse at yourself internally, and tell your brain and blush to cooperate. Your heart, on the other hand, still doesn't want to. 

You sit down as Garnet brings the food, saying "Bon Appetit!" in a very bad French accent. But you wouldn't know any different, would you? You weren't French either. (but I am) Garnet sat next to you, and under the tablecloth you could feel her leg against you. You tried to not move, but when you accidentally did, you were sort of relieved. "So, y/n? Tell us about your gem." Pearl started, and you laughed a little, getting a confused look from her. "Sorry, but it's quite boring. I was created and nothing more. I was born, half human and gem, and now... I'm here. Aye." You smile when you finish, and the table erupts in laughter. "You were right, after all." Pearl says, and Garnet moves her leg back next to yours. Steven then asks, "And you? What about you? Why are you here?" Connie scolds him and says that's not nice to say. You nod, and raise your hand slightly. "It's fine." You start explaining the fact that you arrived here to travel with extra cash from your grandad, and he wanted you to. "Other than that, I suppose I needed a new thing to see. Plus, it's not all that bad." You snicker, and Amethyst elbows you, rather hard, but you don't say anything.

 "Hey, y/n. Before you go, any chance we could show you something?" You nod. "Who's we?" Garnet glows, emitting a bright light. Two smaller gems come into your view. "Woah." Amethyst smiles at them, and they obviously all know each other. "Of course! You are a fusion." Connie says, and then you smile. "I knew that." The two snicker. They come up to you, still holding hands. "Ruby. Sapphire." They introduce themselves, and after a while of chatting, reform. You yawn, and Garnet moves a little further away from you, now only you two together. "I should go, it's late." She nods. "Yes. Maybe we could meet at the Boardwalk? I want to talk a little longer." She then mutters "Alone." And you pretend you didn't hear it. "Goodbye, y/n." She waves. "Bye." You wave back. As you walk down the stairs, you hear her mumble, "She looked beautiful."