Chapter 19 "Meetings 1, actually, 7."

"Captain, I'm afraid we have to detour." Kyanite's familiar voice is heard throughout the almost empty ship. "Kyanite?" You whisper, and her ears perk up. "Amber 5T9A?" She looks to you, attached on the ground. "Captain, are you sure this is... necessary? Let the Amber go, for heaven's sake!" 

The Captain turns around. "Jadite? Jade?" You gasp. Kyanite laughs her hurricane-like laugh, and smiles. "Jade, I suppose it has been over 9, 380 years. Hello, Amber." 

You laugh along as they untie you. "I'm an Amber, yes, but I have a name. I went to Earth millions of years ago, don't you recall?" You cross your arms. Jade furrows her eyebrows and Kyanite puts a hand to her lips. "Oops. We don't notice a lot, we catch too many people voyaging." Jade points out, and clasps your hand between her four. 

She, like Garnet, is a fusion, full-time, of a Jadite and a Nephrite (like Centipeetle). "so, what is your name, dear Amber 5T9A?" She extends a hand. "We are not introuduced." Kyanite says as she grabs your other hand in hers. "Y/n. My name is y/n." Jade and Kyanite (since Jadite is known here as Jade, I will sometimes call Kyanite: Kya or Kyan) smile, and let go of your hand as a large figure appears in the doorway. A Bismuth. "Ah, Bismuth! This is Ambe- I mean, y/n." The Bismuth picks you up. "Is that the Amber I know? Is that you, 5T9A?" She frowns. "Hmm, let me check." She tickles your knee, and only she and now the two other gems, know where your ticklish spot is. "Oh my stars, it is!" She hugs you tightly. 

You finally get dropped down, and land on your back. "So, how's the Brookite?" Jade asks, while sitting to pilot the ship and switch off auto pilot. "I guess we don't have to detour now, do we?" Bismuth says, and you shrug, then look away. Jade notices. "Hey, I heard she's poofed. Is she, like, not your mate anymore?" You try not to look angry. "No, she isn't."

 Kya sits next to you and rubs your shoulder. "Hey, there's nothing bad about that." You bury your face in your hands, thinking of Garnet. You then take off the mental block, and start speaking aloud, which makes it easier for the crowd around you and the crowd by Garnet to hear you. 

"Garnet?" She speaks aloud too. "Y/n!" You hear. "Yes, it's me. I have found some-" They look to you, confused, but smiling. "Gems. They're old friends and company." She sighs out of relief. "So, you're coming home?" She asks, and you nod but realize she won't see. 

"Yeah, I am. Listen, G: I was told not to speak to you directly forever from the moment I set foot on the planet. I can talk to anyone else, but not you. Yellow Diamond's orders. And no matter how I don't want to follow them, if I don't, she'll shatter me, you and the Earth will be destroyed as well as all my friends. And I can't risk that, because she sent an E.Y.E to me. It will be there, waiting, so DON'T destroy it." You hear a whimper escape her throat, and a little sob. 

"But why, y/n? Why you?" She asks, and you try to hold in your emotions. You put your visor back on, and try to smile back at your friends. "We'll be there soon. I can't talk or signal, or bond with you, from this moment as I end the call. I just wanted to say how much I love you." And you hear Garnet's familiar voice reply, "I love you more than the Diamonds could ever kill more people, and more than Steven wants answers and his mother." She's on the verge of crying. "Goodbye, G. I love you!" And you put the block up before hearing a final goodbye. 

Kyanite and Bismuth, as well as the Peridot 3TTT87 looks to you. "Sheesh, that was tough." Bismuth hugs you. "So, you found a mate- and she's a fusion- and you can't talk to her? Why not?" Kya asks, while still hugging you from the side. "I don't know. Even Garnet as the fusion of a Sapphire and a Ruby cannot predict this." You let out a tear. "Stars, I really am going to miss her." ANd you finally reach Earth. Home. 

But is it really home without your loved ones?