Chapter 8 "Crushing"

"What?" You ask. "Didn't you hear?" She turns away. "No, I did." You say, getting off your place to sit by her. "I'm just... surprised, is all." 

"In a bad way?" She blushes darkly. "No, in a good way." You smile. "So..." You start, but she still looks at you. "What now? Ugh, you probably hate me." She buries her face in her hands. "What? No! Not at all, Garnet. Hey, hey. Look at me." A few tears are streaking down her face. "Mhm?" She responds, and you put a hand on her cheek. Should I kiss her? I don't know. Garnet takes action and smiles, a hand on your cheek too. Her other on your back, she pulls you in. You blush. "G-garnet." She kisses your cheek first, then your lips. You laugh.

Steven and Amethyst go up to the hill, but you seem them back away. Amethyst winks at you. Garnet turns around, and Steven and Amethyst edge away. But Garnet invites them closer. You all start laughing. "It was bound to happen. And you're the Future Girl!" Amethyst bumps Garnet with her elbow. "So, are you two a couple now?" Steven asks, and you two look at each other. "Yes." Garnet cuts you off as you were about to say, and the two others leave. 

"I love you, y/n." You smile when she says it and peck her cheek. "Me too." You glance down at your gem. "I guess we're, er, more than friends now, huh?" You nudge her. She laughs and nudges you back until it turns into a full fledged fight of who can nudge each other harder. You laugh but get nudged extremely hard. "Ow." You rub your side, and she hugs you, and when she pulls away you see the upset on her expression. "You're adorable." You hug her again, and she smiles, ruffling your hair. You are quite short, you think to yourself. Or maybe she's tall. That night when you lay in your bed, you think of Garnet. More than usual, but funnily enough about the same.

"I love you Garnet." You whisper, and you sleep almost immediately.

Thanks for reading! Love you all and thanks for all your support!!!!!