Chapter 1 "Hello?"

Hi. I'm the author. I hope you enjoy this book!

If you don't like lgbt, don't read this.  COVER BY BRIAN COSETTE

above is you ^^ (c. 2021, taken out)

It was a Sunday morning when you woke up, near to your 20th birthday. Only four more weeks! You decided to trail your fingers against the water as the boat you were in moved along, merely ten feet away from your destination. "Beach City" read the big sign, and you smiled. "Hello." You whisper, unaware the boat man was staring at you. "You here to see anyone, m'am?" He smiled, and you shook your head. "I'm a visitor. Travelling the world with my grandpa's extra cash, he wanted me to have a full life." You answer, looking back to the sign, now so close you may be able to touch it. A few people all around are collecting friends and family, and you smile to the boat man, saluting to him as you hand him a 20 dollar tip, walking off as he leaves. "Hmm." You wonder to yourself, glancing at every little shop. 

Suddenly a voice comes to your mind, interrupting your thoughts. "Hello!" A happy boy with curly black hair marches to you, his voice cheerful as he is. "I'm Steven!" he shakes your hand, "And you are?" He politely shakes your hand, again, and smiles. "I'm y/n." He glances at your hand, which bares the thing you wondered the most about in your life: a gem. It was a g/n, one you suspected was common until new research. "Wait... You're a gem? You should meet the others! I'm one too." He shows you his naval, which also bares a gem, possibly a rose quartz. "Is that a Rose Quartz?" You ask suddenly, and Steven is taken by surprise. "Yes. That was my mom's name." You feel sad, and whisper a sorry, but he instantly perks up, and, without a word, drags you to a huge statue of a many limbed woman.

"Garnet! Amethyst? Pearl...?" He glances around. "No one's here." He frowns. Then you glance around again. A purple skinned human sits on the bed upstairs, unaware of your presence. "Amethyst?" Steven says, cocking his head. She turns. "Companyyyy!" She exclaims, and you immediately spot her purple gem. "You're an Amethyst." You think to yourself as the others join, a Pearl etched in the one's forehead, and two gems in the other's hands. "Pearl, and... Garnet." The tall, mysterious one makes you blush, and you think of every other thing to stop it. Steven smiles, excited. "Guys, I found a gem, her name is y/n! She has a g/n." Pearl and Garnet turn to each other, and look concerned back at you. "You said she has a g/n?" Pearl whispers to Steven, who nods. Garnet comes up to you, and shakes your hand. "Hello." She almost reaches for her 'visors' and then stops herself. Uncertainty was the one thing you hated the most. Amethyst sits lazily on the couch. Pearl is elegantly perched by the side, and Garnet is sitting on the couch too. You sit, trying not to act indifferent. This makes the two lightly coloured gems (a and p) laugh. "You alright?" Amethyst asks, and quickly bumps Pearl with her elbow, making the elegant-esque disappear from her smile. You ruffle your hair (which is pink) and then suddenly Pearl starts to notice your hair colour, turning to whisper to Amethyst. You catch the words 'she and rose'. 

"I should go..." You start, but Garnet stops you. "Don't. Steven might want to hear your gem to human or vice versa, story, no?" She smiles, and again almost removes her visors, as if trying to get a look at you, but not daring to. When she finally does, you're taken aback. She has three eyes, beautifully glistening in the light. It's almost evening. "I should go, I have a hotel." You press, until Steven blurts out: "Can she stay here?" Everyone turns to him, who is currently sitting by the door couch. "Err.." They seem uncertain, once again. "I am going. That's final." you almost storm out, but carefully close the door and walk off. You rummage in your bag, and a paper falls out. The numbers '555-018' are etched out, scribbly. "Steven." You mutter.

So, how was it?

tell me please, i'm a lil' author in need of support.

<3