Chapter 7 "And I'm Here"

(isn't this just the perfect gif? You even have pink hair!)

You wake up to rain that morning. It's still dark outside, but quiet and calm. Dark and starry, you look out to the sky, and to the city. Your phone rings, and you wonder why. It's only 1 am.

(Insert ringtone of https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lSw7geRUT7k#) (You will realise why you set THIS as the person's ringtone)

You instantly knew who it was: Garnet. "Garnet?" (YOU ARE BOLD)

"How did you know it was me? "I didn't- well, I did. I have a special ringtone, for you." You hear her blush and smile through the phone. "Hey, well, I think I can't exactly sleep." "I thought you didn't need to sleep." "I don't, look, y/n. We should talk. I can't stop thinking of you. Any chance we could meet? Quite soon, maybe?" "S-sure. Maybe in the morn-" "I can't wait until then." "Garnet, it's late. I know you need someone, but I need sleep. I'm sorry." "Oh. Okay. See you in the morning? Maybe on the hill, no?" "Yeah. Sure. Bye." "Bye y/n." 

You end the call, and yawn. "Night, rain." You snuggle into your bed. 

~

Your phone rings again. "Steven?" You say out loud, and smile when you answer. "Hi bud. It's early. Why you up?" You check the clock- 8h00. "I wanted to see if you wanted to come see us. Plus, Garnet's been pacing up and down all night." He says, and you remember. "I'm worried." A goat blares. "Bye, y/n." You say goodbye and rush to put on some clothing. 

You burst open the door, and find a crying Garnet and Steven reading a comic book

You burst open the door, and find a crying Garnet and Steven reading a comic book. "Garnet?" You hug her. Pearl gasps and covers her mouth. You lead her out, then ask her to stay out a little. "Pearl? Amethyst? Steven?" They come to you. "Is Garnet okay?" You ask, and they say they don't know. "Just, when I'm not around, check on her. Please?" They nod. "Bye." Garnet sits outside, and you take her hand, almost motherly. "Hey. What's wrong?" You ask when you sit atop the hill. She hugs you. "Oof!" You mumble. "Garnet? Are you alright?" She shakes her head. "Have you ever considered love?" You pull back. "What?" She blushes. "I mean, have you ever loved someone?" She asks. You nod, laughing. "Every human has crushes as they grow up. Haven't you?" You ask. "Gems don't grown up. We are like this." She points to her hands. "Oh!" You gasp. "Ruby and Sapphire had.. their purposes." She turns away. She bursts out crying. You lean your head onto her shoulder, but hers leans on yours first. "I feel like they're going to take that away again. They aren't, but we're internally screaming." Garnet never refers to herself as we. Something's wrong. "Ruby?" No one answers. "Sapphire?" Garnet looks up. "Oh, Sapphire. It's you." You hug her. "Homeworld can't take her away. They just can't." Ruby's side seems to act in. Garnet unfuses, and they hug each other. "Oh..." You look to them. They smile. "Feeling a little better?" You ask, and they nod. You kiss Sapphire and Ruby's foreheads, and they reform.

~~~

"Y/n." You stop reading your book. "I need to continue the love subject." You put your book aside. "Yeah?" She continues. "I have never loved a human, or as my seperation, someone other than Ruby or Sapphire. But.. For once, I think I love another." You try to hide your sadness. "Who?" You ask, smiling a fake smile.

"You."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what's the entire wait for? THIS. Sorry this was so sad. I'm uploading one more chapter today, then one or two more tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Fedora ~