Chapter 2 "Steven's Questions"

Please write in the comments if you enjoyed my book so far! I love hearing your opinion. 

You stretch a final time before lifting your feet from their crossed position, and smile to the hotel's window reflection. Your animal (whichever) slippers lay on the floor (don't worry, they're not real, just cute button inventions) and you glide your feet into them, feeling the warm, soft feeling of them against your stiff and cold feet. You finally get up, and take your phone. Steven has sent you a text. Three from your sister, and one from Louis, your friend. You first decide to answer your sister, as it seems urgent enough. 

'Hello Tessa! How are you?' You reply, not looking at the other messages. When you do, it's just three emojis. A horse or two as well. She doesn't reply, so you check Louis's: it's an emoji and a palm tree. Then finally you check Steven, and it's:

'Hi y/n. Wanna come meet us at the temple? It's kind of boring all alone, the gems are on a mission.'

You reply 'sure' and head out after choosing a pretty outfit.

You smile at the people you pass until you reach the edge of the temple's entrance. The wooden house stands in front of you, and you see Steven, who rushes out to you. "Y/n! y/n!" He chants. You laugh, and take his hug. "Hi, kiddo." You say, and he smiles. "Are you British?" He suddenly asks, and you nod. It was  quite obvious. You then sit on the comfortable couch, when Steven asks "Do you wanna watch Crying Breakfast Friends?" Seventeen episodes in, you have been checking your phone, and see a sleeping Steven, so turn off the TV. The warp pad illuminates, and the Gems venture towards you. Amethyst, bouncy and cheerful as always, smiles and hugs you. Even though you've only been with the Gems for two days, you felt quite at home. 

A furry creature touched your back, and alarmed you. "Eek!" You squealed, and this woke Steven. He came downstairs after a yawn, and smiled at his creature. "Lion. Don't scare people." He leant against the fluffy pink fur, and you ruffled it's fur too. Steven fell asleep again, so you left him a note saying 'I wouldn't mind telling you my story. Call soon.' . He yawned one last time, and just as you were about to leave, Amethyst poked you. "No, stay. I think Garnet wants to talk to you." She smiled mischieviously. Garnet appeared out the temple door, and smiled. "Y-y/n. Didn't expect to see you here." You cross your arms and smile the same smile Amethyst did, who is now sneaking off, along with Pearl. They go their seperate ways. "Why? I'm going to start coming here often, better get used to it." You say slightly orderly, more power and authority in it than wanted. Garnet almost retreated, but instead lent you her hand and guided you out to the beach side of their grounds. "Beautiful, isn't it?" You let out a sigh as you reach the top of the hill. "Yes." She murmurs, mumbling to herself something incoherent. "What?" you smile, letting your hands curl over the top of your knees as you glance at the magical flowers you expected to find. "Nothing. At all." She tries to seem calm, but something's bugging her. As she sits down, you put a hand on her knee, making her turn a darker shade. "All okay?" you ask, but she pulls your hand off. "Yes." And then she walks off, without a word.