"Is this for real?" You squealed, trying to stay as calm as possible. Camilla on the other hand seemed more excited than you, or made it look that way at least. "This is it Y/N! This is your moment to shine!"

"We should seriously get you ready for the meeting! Let's go right away!" The caramel haired girl exclaimed happily as she took your hand and dragged you away to your shared room. "What do you mean me? You're coming with along too!" You insisted, and Camilla sure gave in quickly.

"We need to make a good first impression - Those are very important." Camilla said while she rummaged through the closet, trying to find suitable clothes. Lucario and Lopunny had arrived into the room as well by then.

"Dresses are unpractical for knights. I think a pair of more elegant pants and shirt would do." You stated, just to make sure Camilla was aware of that, since she was the type of person who would wear a dress at any given opportunity. You were pretty much the opposite.

"I think a skirt would be okay too.~" Your best friend hummed innocently, pulling out one of her tartan skirts from the closet, causing you to frown at the piece of cloth. "You know exactly that I hate skirts."

"Fine." The caramel haired girl pouted and put the skirt back to its place, searching for something different. "We'll have to find something else, then.~"

* * *

"I can't believe we took so long!" You said, panting slightly after you, Camilla and both your Pokémon had finally arrived in front of the gates of the Cameran Palace. "That's because you didn't like anything I showed you!"

Not only that, but you had even forgotten the invitation letter at your house and noticed it when you were about midway, so you needed to return back in order to get it. In the end, you decided to wear a pair of black pants along with a hand-me-down white button up shirt which used to belong to your mother. It was a little chilly outside, so you also wore a brown coat on top of all that. Camilla insisted on you to have your hair down for this occasion, so you sticked with that as well.

Your best friend on the other hand dressed up very nicely in your opinion: A simple red and white bustier dress that suited her perfectly. She let her hair down as well.

There were two guards stationed at the entrance gate whom you showed your invitation to. The men let you pass without any discussions. "We're probably get lost before we even manage to find the Queen." You grumbled as soon as you entered through the enormous doors which were being held open by another pair of royal guards.

"Agreed." Camilla nodded as you two walked ahead of your Pokémon and through the seemingly endless corridors. Just a few moments later you were slightly startled by a soft voice coming from behind you. "You must be Ms. Y/N L/N, am I right."

Both you and your best friend turned around immediately, only to be greeted by the sight of Queen Rin herself, accompanied by who seemed to be her maid. You bowed the same instant you saw her, and so did Camilla, Lucario and Lopunny. "I am, your Highness."

"I-I felt nervous coming here alone, so I brought my friend along. I apologize for not consulting you first." You confessed, standing up composed again along with the three others. The blonde queen didn't seem to be displeased by it at all, quite the opposite actually. "I'm pleased to make your acquaintance."

"T-The honor is a-all mine! M-My name is Camilla D-Denzi!" The caramel haired girl attempted to introduce herself calmly, failing almost miserably at it. After all, this must be an important meeting for her as well, since she's aiming to become the kingdom's next princess.

"I am Jenny, the Lady's servant. Please follow me." The old woman wearing round glasses said, slightly bowed her head, and started leading the way. You all followed her to one of the many rooms in the castle silently.