|| Prologue ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

The kingdom of Rota is a place where humans and Pokémon live in perfect harmony, and also where the currently seven-year-old you lives alongside her mother

The kingdom was guided by the queen for the time being, but you knew that soon the time would come when Princess Rin Momoko would take on her mother's role. Lady Rin was not much older than you, that's why the fact that her being the next princess-in-line fascinated you quite a bit.

Everyone who lives in this peaceful kingdom is considered very lucky. Rota is one of the four kingdoms in the Kanto region. The remaining three are called Grona, Kinola and Puleuna. And out of all four, Rota is the most advanced in society, and the villagers don't discriminate against one another.

With the help of Pokémon, people have the opportunity to become wizards, royal knights or even corporals, lieutenants and colonels of the kingdom's army. Those were the more prestigious professions out here. Of course, common jobs such as bakers, sword smiths, officers and many others weren't forgotten. Then there is a very special possibility for one's future; Any villager if trained would technically be able to become the current royal's disciple, may the person be male or female.

Your dream has always been becoming a royal knight, no matter what society might think of it. The knights you look up to so much have always been of male gender, and so, society grew to think that women weren't qualified enough for the task.

Not to forget, you have always wanted to have a Pokémon of your own. The idea of having a faithful companion for the rest of your days, making unforgettable memories with it and achieve your hopes and dreams inspired you.

Ever since your father passed away, your mother couldn't bring herself to own a Pokémon, so you started forgetting what kind of feeling it was to have a companion like that. Of course it was understandable on your mother's part, since her husband sacrificed himself in order to save his Pokémon.

Back in the days when that cheerful man was still among you, you would always see him working hard in his workshop alongside his faithful partner Quilava. Usually you would sneak in unnoticed at first, but your enthusiasm while watching your father polish and equip many different swords would always give you away. He was one of the best sword smiths in the village. He was so talented, that even the personal knights of the Queen requested their swords to be arranged by him.

But the most interesting part of those swords was that they were no ordinary ones. That was also the part that required upmost precision when working as sword smith. Legend here in Kanto says, that the so-called 'sacred weapons' all have the spirit or even soul of one Pokémon sealed inside them. Around 500 different types of these sacred weapons are known in Rota, and there are so many more that haven't been discovered yet.