Chapter 39- An Angry Rebecca & World War III

(A/n- Please don't forget to leave a comment throughout the story to let me know your thoughts! I always love reading your comments and none ever go unnoticed!)

  _________
   Chapter 39
  _________

"Thanks a lot Liam." Becca sneers nastily to say that she was fuming would be an understatement.

Security kicked us out of the mall for destruction of property which is partially true. Liam did break a worker's nose, bruised his eye, destroyed the clothing display, and a fancy glass table- but when you take a step back and close your eyes, it's not that bad!

As for Liam, he looked like he wasn't even touched. The worst he got was a cut on his lip. That's not too bad, is it?

Who am I kidding?! Liam was way out of line for beating the crap out of somebody! There's no excuse for doing something like that.

I mean sure Zach pushed his buttons but that's who Zach is.

Everyone knows that Zach's personality by now and have gotten use to it.

Truthfully, if I'm going to be honest I'm not completely mad at Liam. In his defense he was sticking up for me because he's trying to be a good boyfriend, but he definitely shouldn't have done that.

Zach was once an important person in my life too.

He honestly was the one who really brought me out of my shell. So yeah, he did mean something to me and I felt really bad to see him get hurt but he really pushed Liam's buttons.

I don't know why Zach was acting more of an ass than usual— he's actually a pretty sweet guy so the major rudeness was a surprise to me.

My friends and I continue to sit in silence while Becca goes on a fuming rant, meanwhile Liam's friends are patting him on the back on the car ride back to Emma's house.

Liam is obviously trying to be the the mature one out of all of us and speaks up to try and clear the intense tension in the air.

"I apologized about ten times already. I said I'm sorry."

"Why the hell did you do something so reckless and stupid?" Becca demands in anger and I bite back a comment. I understand that she's upset and I am too, but it was also him who paid for everyone's frozen yogurt and driving everyone home.

"I don't think I need to explain myself to you." He growls lowly in anger, his mouth twitching at Rebecca's constant bickering, and I feel my heart squeeze in absolute torture as I see him get upset by her actions.

What am I suppose to do?

Comfort my friends or the man I'm in love with?

I feel like I'm stuck in the middle and I don't know how to make things right.

"Guys this is more my fault than Liam." My voice comes out shaky, hesitant even, making my heart thump so loud in my chest that it's actually blocking any noise around me.

This isn't going to be good. 

Just rip it off like a bandaid.

"Zach and I use to hangout a lot last year, we were actually planning on going to homecoming last year together, so that's probably why he was acting weird. . ." My voice trails off as I feel an overwhelming amount of embarrassment hit me.