Chapter 33- Books & Lucky Charms

"Seriously, Liam? You're disgusting." Maddison scrunches her nose in disgust as she continues to pour some water into two glasses.

She plops a metal straw into the cup for me just like she had promised and slid it across the counter to me. I give her a quick 'thank you' and Liam looks at her like she's crazy.

"What?" He questions in confusion pouring the box of Lucky Charms directly into his mouth.

Liam gazes over at me and when Maddison turns her head to put the gallon of water away he gives me a wink.

I can't help but roll my eyes as a big smile plasters onto my face. I'm assuming they both love to bust each other's chops whenever they have the given opportunity.

Maddison turns on her heel to look at us while taking a large sip from her water. "Can I ask a question?" I tried my hardest not to laugh and Maddie nodded sincerely.

"If you want to save the turtles why exactly are using a plastic jug to pour your water?" I hum curiously and that makes Liam come by my side, wrapping his warm arms around me and filling my heart with so much joy.

"Thank you! She thought I was crazy when I told her that too." He kisses the temple of my forehead and I smile at the lingering feeling.

My stomach is swirling with butterflies and I already forgot the question that I asked just by his simple touch.

Maddison digs her hand into the lucky charms box and threw a piece at her older brother.

"Why does she get to say it and not me?" He complains with his arms still securely wrapped around me.

Can he please leave them there? Like forever? 

"Because she's the guest." She says as if it was obvious. I let out a slight giggle and look back down at the book Liam handed to me earlier.

He said I left it here on accident the other day when I was tutoring him.

"What book are you reading?"

"'The Notebook.'" I reply causally, sliding it over to her so she could get a better look at it.

"Boring." She laughs in amusement now taking the book into her hands and placing it on the far end side of the table. "Just watch the movie!" She instructs with a nonchalant shrug and I hear Liam hold in a bit of a chuckle behind me.

"What?" I question insecurely as I try to search his eyes at what he's holding back a laugh at. .

"Nothing," He smirks as he takes a seat across from us. Maddison and I shared a look, but it ended up with her just shrugging her shoulders in response.

Obviously she isn't getting any sibling telepathy vibes from this situation.

If that's even a thing.

"It's just funny to see you guys together." He shrugs as his eyes teased mine for a little while longer.

My heart is already racing but it only accelerates as his deep brown eyes continue to stare, sending shivers down my spine as a ton of miscellaneous thoughts run through my brain.

"You shouldn't really be making any comments, Liam, when you haven't even read the book." Maddison says smartly and he gives her that challenging little look in his eyes- the same one that I adore as much as the stars above adore the night sky.

The mischief in his eyes made my heart skip beats that I've never experienced before.

Damn.

He's so beyond attractive that it's actually crazy, not to mention that his personality has me obsessing over him. How he carries himself with such confidence is one of my favorite traits about him.

"'No matter what happens to us, every day spent with you is the best day of my life.'" That was all Liam had to say had to my mind swarming with thoughts.

One, I'm shocked that he actually read something besides a sports article. Two, why did he pick that quote out of them all? And three is he referring that to us and our fight the other day?

Because the way he said it and the way he's looking at me right now confirms every single thought. And that creates a thousand and one more things that completely, utterly makes me love him even more.

I didn't even think it was possible to love somebody this much but with him besides me it's like I learn something new about myself everyday.

He chokes up on emotions and avoids my gaze now as he heads on over towards the pantry- pouring some more cereal into his mouth to distract himself from this situation.

Probably embarrassed to be feeling the same exact thing I'm feeling with his teasing sister nearby.

Maddison and I both seem pretty stunned at Liam's response, so stunned that our mouths open and close like fishes out of water.

"Since when does he read? I'm suppose to be the smart one!" She whines in frustration while kicking her feet childishly.

Whoa.

Is it possible that Liam reading just made him ten times hotter?

"Don't worry, you're still the smart one. I read the book in class for an assignment." He reassured as he hands the box over to Maddison who has her hand held out for some.

Spending time with the two of them today has been the best.

The small moments like these are ones I'm truly going to cherish for a lifetime. . .

___________

As soon as I got home my mother walked towards me with a smile. "Hey honey,"

Ah, I love this woman. She's so cute with her little apron and her face full of flour.

I could tell shes currently trying to bake a pizza because it smells absolutely insane in here like dough, sauce, and so many more great things.

My feet immediately walk on over to her so I can embrace her in a tight hug which she immediately returns by wrapping her warm arms around me.

"Hey mom."

"Are you ready for pizza night? I know it's your favorite." She claps in excitement now pulling away from our hug and I nod eagerly.

My mom's homemade pizza is the best thing I've ever tasted!It's one of my all time favorite homemade foods that she cooks.

"Uh duh! Pizza is always a good idea."

She nods in agreement while going to pull an envelope out of her red apron. My eyes widen in realization as I feel my throat tighten at the scribbled letters which formed my name on it.

"I saw this on the floor when I was cleaning your room earlier. I thought it might be important so I picked it up." She says casually not knowing why it has such an effect on me.

I can't believe I actually forgot to read the letter!

I've been so busy helping Liam with homework and finding an outfit for this party on Saturday that I never read what Juliette wrote.

"Thank you for picking it up. I must've dropped it out of my backpack." I say with a forced smile on my face as I take the letter eagerly out of her hand.

Gosh, what on earth did she even write me?

The real question is do I even want to find out?

(A/n- Chapter thirty-three is officially out! I'm sorry for the extremely short chapter but I felt as if this was a perfect place to end it! What are your thoughts on this chapter? Thank you so much for reading. Please, please don't forget to comment and share because it means the absolute world to me when you guys do. Until next time!)