Chapter 44- Preparations & Good Times

(A/n- Please don't forget to comment and share! I really appreciate it when you guys do!)

________
| Chapter 44 |
________

(One week later)

"Giana, please stop moping around like this over some looser. Tonight is the night you've been dreaming of since freshman year and I'm not letting you be down. . . You're going to regret it in a few years from now." Emma said sincerely as we started doing our makeup for the night of our dreams.

The theme is stargazing.

And as much as I hate to admit it, it reminds me of the night Liam and I first hung out together.

"She's right, Giana." Jessy interjects as she packs on some tan foundation onto her face. I sigh and nod in agreement trying my best to push my feelings aside.

Tonight is my night.

Liam and I have slowly started talking again but it hasn't been fully normal either. I don't get why he's acting like this and truthfully I'm tired of trying to always figure it out.

He knows how much prom means to me so I really hope he does well by me tonight. It would be a total ass move if he didn't

"I'm sorry for acting so crazy this past week. I promise to try and let not only myself but everyone else enjoy tonight as well." I say sincerely as I begin to contour my cheeks bones.

We all agreed to do our makeup at home and get our hair done professionally since we wanted to splurge on a better limo.

Specifically, a Porsche limo with one of those fancy automatic opening doors and sparkling lights that light up on the roof top inside  

All Becca's idea of course!

I carefully lined my lips before adding a nude lip color to complete my look. It's almost time for our hair appointments and I don't think any of could be anymore excited!

But first we have to get some coffee of course! It's an absolute must.

We've been practically hanging out all day, and not to mention the fact that we're going to be partying all night so coffee is something that we definitely will be needing and lots of it to be exact.

I hear on over to my dresser and grab a white button up to put on. I know that might seem lame but this will make it way easier so I don't end up creating a disaster with my hair when I have to change into my dress later.

What can I say? I'm really clumsy so it doesn't seem impossible in my case.

Without another word I head into my bathroom and change into the button up. A few minutes later I return to my room and notice that I received a text message.

I reach for my phone off the dresser but Emma swiftly grabs it before me. I whine hoping that she would just give in and hand me my phone the easy way but I had no such luck.

Her eyes scanned the message before widening in surprise.

"What? What is it?" I question curiously as I reach over to grab my phone but for her to only pull it back farther from me.

"Liam says he can't make it."

What?

My heart stops at the sound and I feel my eyes begin to water on cue. Bleh, why am I so emotional?! I inhale sharply and try to calm myself.

"Kidding!" She laughs as she hands me my phone back over to me.

"Not funny." I force out a laugh.

The phone is locked and to my relief it was a message from Juliette and not Liam saying that he was bailing on me.

Hey, do you mind if I ride with you guys tonight?
~ Second me sent at 3:17 p.m.

Not at all! We're actually about to head out to get our hair done but please try to be at my house by 6 so we have time to take pictures and still manage to get to the place before they stop letting people in since it's a little far.
~ Sent at 3:23 p.m. 

Wow, that was a lot more to text than I imagined!

Who would've thought that Juliette and I would actually be sharing a limo tonight?

Definitely not me!

After that Juliette sent me a big thumbs up emoji and we headed out to get our hair done!

We all agreed to go to our favorite coffee shop first and got iced caramel lattes except Becca who got an iced chai latte instead.

Sooner or later we all entered the salon that Emma recommended and it was full to the brim! Every high school girl and their mother are in here. Talk about being claustrophobic.

Luckily Emma made our appointments advance so everything should go smoothly.

She told the receptionist her name and the girl gives a sweet smile telling us that we could come on back.

We follow her to the seats towards the back and luckily we all got placed right next to each other. I showed a few pictures to the stylist so she could get an idea of what I wanted because if I come out with an old fashion beehive in the back of my head I might actually freak out.

Emma went for more of a braided look while Becca decided to go for wavy low ponytail, and of course Jessy and I went for a similar look which both ended up being a half up half down hair style.

Emma did a bunch of research on this place and from what I can tell they do a phenomenal job.

Prom is going to be amazing.

I know it.

(A/n- Chapter forty-four is officially out! What are your thoughts on this chapter? Did you like it? I really hope you did.

I'm really obsessed with the song that I posted at the beginning of the chapter. I highly recommend you listen to it.

We only have one chapter left until the end of this book!

Please, please don't forget to click the little star button at the bottom of page, to comment, and to share. It really means the world to me when you guys do. Thank you for reading. Until next time!)