Chapter 28- Truths & Phone Calls

"Then tell me Giana! Why the hell do you actually put up with my bullshit if you can't stand me!" He shouts furiously. His eyes were angry, furious even, nothing like his usual playful brown eyes that I'm so use to. The tension between us is so thick that it's enough to suffocate the two of us, Liam runs a nervous hand through his tousled hair and I feel as if I'm stuck in place watching him pace back and forth.

It's nine-thirty at night and this is the one road that we have to take that leads directly back to our side of town. It's pretty much desolate at this point, besides the few random cars that sporadically come rushing through the dark. The only source of light that is visible at this time of night is the bright shining street lamps above us. The fact that the car is broken down does not help this situation at all.

Liam's been trying to get it to start back up for a good half an hour but he can't seem to figure out why it won't work.

It's not like I'm actually scared to be out here all alone in the dark with Liam angry at me. I know that sounds scary and creepy but I trust him— I mean I've known the guy since preschool.

It's just that I hate arguing with him especially if I don't have another ride home other than him. My parents could be here probably in ten minutes if I called them, but I feel sorta bad to leave Liam here all alone, we might be mad at each other but I don't want to ditch him either at this time of night.

Emma stayed at the bonfire longer than intended and Liam and I decided to leave a tad earlier, but of course we ended up getting into a huge fight after our little encounter with Juliette.

Let's just say that little two timing jerk was about to kiss my boyfriend, my boyfriend, and he didn't even stop her!

But I guess that's because he can't tell the difference between us yet especially since she came darting towards him before he could even get a good glance.

But in my defense I did try to let it go! I didn't say one thing about it to him, but after ten minutes I catch her freaking flirting with him.

And now that everyone's caught up here we are!

Did I also mention that I might've, sorta, kinda exchanged some words that I didn't even mean all in the heat of the moment. . . I was jealous, alright?

My emotions seem to be all over the place at this exact moment because my chest won't stop rising with each sentence I speak. All I can focus on in this moment is how bright my cheeks are turning, how can they turn into such a deep shade of red?! Luckily it's night time so I don't have to worry about him noticing.

We unspokenly battle each other, the two of us fighting over who's right, and that's all happening with just one intense stare. Neither one of us are cracking and even though I wanted to yell at him so badly— it's like I can't stop my emotions from going crazy as if they were riding on some out of control rollercoaster ride.