Chapter 2- How Did Detention Go Today?

My phone buzzes rapidly in my pocket, signaling a new text message has been sent to me, and I could only assume it's from my parents since no one actually texts me— I know, don't be jealous, I'm extremely popular.

Hey sweetie, I know that you have plans to hangout with Emma today after school, but I would really like you to be home for dinner tonight :)
~ Mom sent at 12:34 p.m.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion as I reread his message. Something is definitely up, my mom is usually pretty chill whenever I ask to hangout with Emma, so there's definitely a reason as to why she wants me home tonight — I just don't know why.

"You okay?" Jessy asks curiously, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Phenomenal." I say sarcastically with and an eye roll.

"Who texted you then?" She raised a brow as she bit into her cheesy pizza that looked really, really good right about now.

"My mom, she said I can't hangout tonight," I frowned, earning a look from Emma, one where she seemed like she was about to go outside my house and protest from me missing out on our big movie night that we've planned on for weeks.

"She wants me home for 'dinner?'"  I remark in confusion, using my index finger to do quotation marks around the word 'dinner.'

"That sucks! I even took two hours to try and download that old movie you've been wanting to watch." Emma remarks with a pout leaning her chin against the palm of her hand.

Damn that sounds really tempting.

Movies, popcorn, and a cozy blanket?! What more else could I want on a pre-Friday night.

"No it doesn't suck," Ariana interferes with a giant grin. "What if a hot guy is coming over to have dinner with you guys?" She suggests with a teasing wink and they all made that really annoying 'ooh' noise that you only hear in tv shows and movies.

Of course they would think something so unrealistic like that would happen when in reality I live a very, very simple life.

My parents hardly have people come over unless it's for holidays — or to chitchat about the company with a few coworkers. . . but that's pretty much it.

We have a few close friends but our circle is pretty small so I highly doubt a 'hot guy' will be magically appearing around my dinner table to tonight.

"Very highly doubted since my life is not some romcom movie. Besides the people my parents are close friends with have like one kid and he's nine." I point out smartly and Emma lets out a snort, knowing exactly who I'm talking about without me even having to go into any further detail.

That imbecile of a child purposely put LEGO's on the last few steps of my staircase so I could trip and fall. Thankfully I didn't but let me just say if I had only three words to describe that blonde headed child it definitely would be- Evil. Little. Boy.

"Do you remember that time Andrew Anderson was your at your house in a skin tight speedo? The image of him bending over to pick up that monster of a child by your pool is an that will never go away." We both shivered at the thought as the rest looked at us as if we were crazy.