(2.2)

Christian's P.O.V

I take a breath as I walk to the park. I watched as everything around me seemed to be a blur. I sat down on a bench and listened to the birds chirping. "She's a keeper." I heard. I knew who it was because I knew his voice too well.

"Yeah, she is." I said.

"She's beautiful." He said.

"I know." I said.

"But she's also broken." He said. I looked at him.

"I know." I said.

"How's her dad?" He asked.

"Pissed he has to be in bed but he''s alive." I said.

"You know I never meant to hurt you guys. I just never could handle responsibilities." He said.

"Yeah, I know." I said. He stands up.

"I heard you were looking for a job?" He said. I looked at him.

"Yeah, I am." I said.

"Anything to do with your girl?" He asked.

"I want to get her a place. She's just starting her life and she needs a fresh start. Besides I think she may be pregnant." I said. He smiled.

"You're going to be a dad?" He asked. I chuckled.

"I hope so." I said.

"What not scared you'll end up like dad?" He asked.

"No I had a good remodel." I said. He chuckled.

"I work at big business. Think you can handle it?" He asked. I nodded.

"What do I have to do to get it?" I asked. He throws a yellow folder down.

"Fill that out and go to that address. Your interview is tomorrow. The boss is kind of a jackass but I think you'll make it." He said. I chuckled.

"Thank you. Oh and sorry about your face." I said.

"Don't worry about it. I deserved it." He said. He sighed and walked away. "I'll see you tomorrow." He said. I looked at the folder. I looked up to see a woman and man with a baby girl. She was walking around they smiled looking at her. I smiled. I just couldn't help but want to feel the need to have that. I stood up and walked back towards the house. When I got there Riley was sitting on the couch. She smiled and looked at me. 

"Hey." She said. I sit next to her wrapping her up in my arms. 

"Hey, beautiful." I said. She looked at the folder. 

"What's this?" She asked taking it out of my hands. 

"Oliver is helping me get a job." I said. She looked at me. 

"The same Oliver you punched a week ago?" She asked. I nodded. "Guys are so confusing." She said. I pulled her more to me and she giggled. 

"So what did the test say?" I asked. She looked up at me. 

"I'm not pregnant." She said. I smiled. 

"Well I'm kinda bummed but that's good news." I said. She smiled. 

"Why are you bummed? I thought you were scared to find out?" She asked. 

"Well I was but then I got to thinking about how amazing it would be to have a little one running around who looks just like you." I said. She smiled. 

"Don't worry there will be time for that soon." She said. I laid her back against my chest. 

"If you're not pregnant then why were you throwing up?" I asked. 

"The doctor said that I caught a bug. He gave me pills to help with the throwing up." She said. I kissed her cheek. Mom comes in the house with a tub of ice cream and my mouth waters. 

"So?" She asked. Riley shifts. "Oh don't worry your father is outside playing with your brother." She said. 

"No mom I'm not pregnant." She said. Mom frowns. 

"Dang." She said. 

"Mom!" Riley said. "I'm 16." She said. 

"Oh age is but a number. You are a young lady who is very capable of talking care of a child." She said as the front door opens. 

"Child? Who's having a child?" Dad said coming in the house. Mom's face goes white. "Riley you better not be pregnant." He said. He glares at me. "You better not have had sex." He said. Taylor snorts. 

"Too late." He mumbles. Dad looks at him and turns to us. 

"Oh Peter leave them alone. You had me knocked up at her age." She said. He looks at her. 

"That was then and this is now. I was careless." He said. I chuckle. 

"Don't worry sir. We're being safe. And no she's not pregnant." I said. He looks at me. 

"No sex in my house." He said. I nod. Taylor groans as Lola walks in. 

"Dad you can't band sex in the house. It's not fair." He said. Lola's face turns red and she walks back outside. I chuckled. 

"Do you pay bills?" Dad said. 

"Yes." Taylor said. 

"Well then fine. But if I hear one creak of a bed I'm kicking you out." He said. Riley looks up at me. 

"Weird talks with dad." She says. I just smile looking at her. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked. I shake my head. 

"Because you are beautiful." I said. She rolls her eyes. I lean down and kiss her. 

"Get a room." Taylor yells. 

"NO! Don't get a room. Stay right there and kiss away." Dad says. Taylor groans. 

"Dad it's gross." He said. 

"If they go get a room and babies are made and there's another one of you running around." He said. Taylor shakes his head. 

"Your dad is going to keep bothering you. Why don't you just on upstairs?" Mom said. Dad looks at her with his mouth open. She turns to him. "Sweetheart you're going to catch flies." She said. She was about to walk in the kitchen. 

"Mom!" I call. She turns to me. "Can I get some ice cream?" I asked. She nods and hands me the tub.

"It's Riley's anyway." She said. I grabbed it and smile. Riley looks at me and rolls her eyes. 

"Come on." She said walking up stairs. I follow behind her and we make it to her room. She sits on her bed and grabs two spoons. 

"What are we watching?" Lola asked climbing throw the window. We both look at her. 

"We were about to play cod 3 but if you want to watch a movie then we can." Riley said. She looks at Riley.

"No, I want to play." She said. I grab a spoon and scoop some ice cream in my mouth and hum as it melts in my mouth. She sits on the floor and grabs the controllers. "Oh any news on the baby thing?" She asked. 

"Yeah, the doctor said I'm not pregnant." She said. Lola looks at her. 

"I wanted to a god mom." She wined. Riley looks at me. 

"Did everyone want me to be pregnant?" She asked. 

"NO!" We heard dad yell from the bottom step. I chuckled. 

"Peter you leave those kids alone." Mom said. 

"But she's only 16 and my baby girl can't have a baby girl." He said. i chuckled pulling Riley closer to me. 

"I'm ready to start a family when you are. No hurry on my part." I said. She looks at me. 

"Thank you." She said. I nodded and kissed her cheek.