(1.7)

I sat nervously in a chair as it past two hours of hearing nothing. Tears stained my eyes as Taylor held my hand. He wasn't crying. I knew he was being strong for me. My heart felt like it shattered in a million pieces. My body felt numb. I wanted to numb my emotions too but it was hard when my father is fighting for his life and my mother is in surgery. 

"Riley, they're strong people. They will make it through." Lola said. I looked at the ground as I pictured nothing but a blank dress. I felt my body be lifted up and sat back down on something lumpy. I didn't even bother to see who it was. I clenched my fist causing my palms to start hurting and then I felt something sticky drip from them. I looked at the ground to see droplets of red hit the floor. 

"Princess?" I heard. Tears fell from my eyes. I stayed like that for a another hour.

"This is bullshit." Taylor said getting up from the side of me. 

"Taylor." Emily said. He looked at her. 

"No fuck this. We've been here for 3 hours and still nothing." He said.

"Calm down. I'm sure the doctors are doing there best." She said.

"Doing there best? I doubt that. They can go fuck themselves." He said sitting back down. Lola comes over and grabs his hand. 

"Come with me." She said. He glares at her. I knew he didn't mean to because he quickly realized what he did. 

"I can't I need to be here for Riley." He said. I stood up. 

"Just fucking go with her." I said. He looks at me and sighs. He gets up and places his hand on my cheek. 

"I'll be close." He said staring into my eyes. I nodded. He wiped my tears and kissed my cheek. "I love you." He said. 

"I love you too." I said. I watched him walked away as Victor (Lola's dad) comes up to me. 

"It's going to be ok baby girl. Your parents are strong they will make it through." He said. I nodded. "I'm going to get some food what sounds good?" He asked. 

"I'm not hungry." I said as my voice sounded shakey. 

"Honey, you haven't ate in 3 hours." Emily said. I turned around hugging myself. 

"I said I'm not hungry." I said. 

"Alright but I'm going to get you something just in case you get hungry later." Victor said. Christian stood up. 

"Thank you both." He said. I heard footsteps walking away and I turned around. "Riley?" He said. I looked him in the eyes. Tears were threating to escape. 

"I'm fine." I said. He shook his head. "I'm fine, it's fine, everything's going to be.... Fine." I said. He took a step forword. 

"Don't do that to yourself. Don't make yourself numb. It makes things 10 times worse." He said. 

"Well what am I suppost to? Admit that I'm completely not ok? That I may not have a father to walk me down the aisle? That I may not have a mother to do my make-up for a wedding I may or may not have? I can't evenn think about that right now. I haven't spoke to my parent's in 2 weeks. And when they try to come home they get into a car crash? I need them Christian. I need my parents to tell me when I'm fucking up." I cried he pulled me to his chest. 

"Shhh, I know baby. I know." He said. 

"Riley Brown?" I heard. I stopped crying and clutched his t-shirt. 

"Yes?" Christian answered for me. 

"Are you here brother?" The lady asked. 

"No her boyfriend but her parents raised me for 10 years. He said.