(1.8)

After I finished giving her my blood I went to see my mom. Taylor said I could be the first one to see her alone. I walk into the room with an ache in my heart. She perked up when she saw me. "Oh Riley." She said. I smiled with tears in my eyes. "Come here sweetheart." She said. I walked up to her and she grabbed my hand.

"Mom." I said Shaky.

"It's ok baby girl. I'm going to be ok." She said.

"But I almost lost you. I don't know what I would do if that happened." I said. She shook her head.

"You can never lose me." She said.

"I wish I could have done something." I said.

"Sweetheart we we're a thousand miles away. What could you have done?" She asked. I felt a tear slid down my cheek and she wipes it away. "How's your father?" She asked. More feel.

"Not good Mama. He's losing so much blood. The doctors aren't sure when he will be able to leave here or if he will ever. Mom I'm scared." I cried.

"Your father is one of the strongest men I know. He will pull through this. Ok baby? He will never leave his family unprotected." She said.

"I love you Mom." I said. She smiled.

"I love you too baby." She said. I gave her a kiss on her cheek. "Send your brother in here." She said. I nodded. I turned to walk out of the room and down the hall to the waiting room. Taylor looked at me.

"She wants you." I said. He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Christian." He called over. Christian walks over. "Watch her for me." He said. Christian nodded. Taylor then left.

"You ok baby?" Christian asked looking into my eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said. I look to the left to see Tom." I smiled. I walked up to him. "I thought you were in New York." I said. He hugs me.

"I was but I heard about what happened and took the first flight here." He said. I smiled. He pulled back from the hug. "How are you holding up?" He asked.

"Um I stopped crying." I said.

"Where's lover boy?" He asked. I moved out of the way to see Christian with his hands in pockets. He was looking at the ground. He noticed us looking at him so he walks over.

"What's up?" He asked.

"How are you doing? I mean they raised you too." Tom said.

"I'm doing fine." Christian said. Tom nods.

"Are you two together now?" He asked. I gave him a weird look. "Don't give me that look. I know what a crush looks like when I see one. And he had it written all over his face." He said. I giggled.

"Were working on things." I said. He nodded. "You know you really didn't have to come down?" I said.

"Yeah, I did." He said.

"Riley?"I heard. I looked back to see the nurse. I grabbed Christian's hand and we walked over to her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Your father is awake and asked about you." She said. I squeezed his hand. Christian turned to me to look at him.

"I'll go in with you." he said. I nodded.

"All we ask is don't anger him." She said. I nodded. We walked to his room and I took a deep breath walking in.

"I'm not hungry." I heard dad say.

"Peter you have to eat something." I heard a girl say. I walked more in to see my dad arguing with the nurse.

"I'm not hungry." He said again.

"Peter you have been in this bed for over 5 hours without food. If you ever want to leave this bed you'll eat." She said.

"No, i'm not hungry." He said. Christian walked over.

"Let me try." He said. My dad perked up.

"Christian?" He said. He looked over at me. "Peanut." He said. I smiled.

"Dad you should eat. The faster you eat the faster you go home." Christian said. Dad sighed.

"Fine." He said taking the spoon from the nurse and the fruit cup. The nurse looked at him.

"If you can get him to eat more then that I will be surprised." She said walking out. Christian chuckled.

"Have you been crying?" Dad asked me. I looked away. "Baby girl I love you so much I would never leave you." Dad said putting the fruit cup down. I walked up to his bed side and he reached out a hand with a grunt.

"Daddy, don't move you'll rip your stitches." I said with worry in my eyes. His hand brushed away the hair that hand fallen over my eyes.

"It's worth it baby girl." He said. Tears held up in my eyes.

"Daddy I thought we lost you." I said. He frowned.

"Never my princess." He said. Christian smiled.

"I love you daddy." I said as the tears began falling.

"I love you too beautiful." He said. Christian tucked his hands in his pocket and stared at me. "I know you finally get a chance to talk to me baby girl but I need to have a word with Christian." He said. I breathed in like I was running out of air. "No, no baby girl. It's not like that ok? I just have some questions and words to have with." He said. I nodded. I leaned over and placed a kiss to his cheek and he kissed mine. I walked out and stood by the door.

Christian's P.O.V

"What's up?" I said as he closes his eyes with a painful look on his face as he tucked his arm down.

"I know you love her, Grey." He said.

"What?" I said. His eyes shot open.

"Don't try and play me like a fool. You've always loved her. I know you'll protect her. Which is why this pains me to say. I'm dying." He said. My heart raced. He was the only father I was to know.

"Don't say that ok? You have a family out there. Everyone of them are counting on you to return home. Riley is counting on you coming home." I said.

"The doctor told me I have about a few days maybe less. I'm losing to much blood. And they can't keep giving me surgery I almost died through the second one. I love you as a son. I raised like one. And I'm not going to give you the talk about if you hurt my daughter because I know deep down that if you did you will find another way to fix it. I'm glad she has you and Taylor. She would be lost without you. Just don't ever leave her alone. And promise me this."

"Anything." I said as a tear slides down my cheek. I know men aren't suppose to cry but sue me.

"Cherish every memory you have together. You never know how much you have to lose until you're on you're death bed." He said.

"Of course sir." I said. I reached over and gave him a hug.

"I need to speak to Taylor." He said. I nodded and walked over. I saw Riley smiling as she talked with Tom. It killed me how bad she was hurting and telling her that her father is going to died within the next few days will make it worse. I walked down to moms room too see Taylor looking pissed.

"What's up?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Everything. My mom is in a hospital bed struggling. My father is is a hospital bed. And my little sister is crying her eyes out for the fear they both not make it." He said. I nodded. "What's up?" He asked. I looked down.

"He's awake." I said. He went to go see him. I put up my hand to stop him from moving forward. "It's not good Taylor. It will kill her." I said. He looked down.

"Be there for her." He said. I nodded.

"I will." He then walked off.