He has a cold: Niall

Thank you so much for 5k reads!! Keep voting and commenting but I'm still not taking requests.

--------------------------------------------

Your p.o.v.

I was watching the boys through the glass of the recording booth. They were working on a new song called Diana.

Usually, I quite enjoy watching the boys record. I can't hear them unless Eric or Katie plays them out loud, which they do sometimes, but I can see them. They get quite hyper and animated while recording. Especially Niall and Louis.

Today, however, Niall was being very quiet, too quiet. I knew something was wrong.

"Niall, ready for your solo?" Eric asked into the mic.

I watched as Niall nodded meekly. Hmm, he usually talks to modest!management. It doesn't really matter though I suppose.

Niall stepped up to the microphone in the middle of the booth, and Eric put his headset on, so he could hear.

I watched Niall's mouth moving as he sang his solo. He wasn't getting into it as much as usual.

"Try it again Niall," Katy sighed.

Niall sighed tiredly, and then he was singing again.

"C'mon Niall one more time," Katy said.

Once again, Niall sang his solo.

"Niall, the others got it on their first time why can't you?" Eric was yelling now.

Niall but his lip nervously. He doesn't do well with people yelling at him.

"Wait!" I said.

"What (y/n)?" Eric sighed heavily.

"Let me hear him, please," I said.

What good would that do?" Katy asked curtly.

"Maybe I can help him," I suggested.

"Fine," Eric huffed., then hit a button.

"Go ahead Niall. You better be good this time cause your girlfriends listening," Eric said.

God I hated these people. Niall looked at me and I gave him an apologetic smile. He nodded at me.

"It's only been four months but, you've fallen down so far-" his voice cracked, badly.

He took a step back from the mic and looked down. I could see tears falling down his pale cheeks.

"Katy let me in there, something's obviously wrong," I begged.

She frowned at me, and I knew she was going to say no, so I took things into my own hands.

I walked over to the door, flipped the unlock switch and walked into the booth. Niall looked up at me sadly. Then he walked right into my arms.

He was crying softly into my hair, but it sounded rough and ragged.

"Baby whats wrong?" I whispered.

"My voice," he said, his voice raspy and weak.

"Oh Ni, you probably just overworked it, its okay," I said, running my fingers through his hair.

"I think I'm sick," he said. And with that he pulled away from me. He was bent over, coughing, for several minutes as I rubbed his back.

"I'll go tell them you guys are leaving," Louis said, walking out of he booth.

"Thanks Lou," I said.

When he came back in he looked unhappy.

"They're letting him go but they aren't happy about it.

"Lets go hun," I said, grabbing Niall's hand.

"Get better Nialler," the boys chorused.

Then I led him out of the booth and into the car so he could go home and rest his poor voice.