Chapter 37- New Girls & New Arguments

"Who's that?" I nod my head over towards the unfamiliar brunette, who didn't quite seem to go unnoticeable. Why? She's sitting next to Liam in our chemistry class.

Stupid assigned seats.

"New girl." Rebecca rolls her eyes at the thought of her as she continues to nervously pick  at her cuticles.

I take another glance at her to scan her features a bit and I can't help the knots that automatically start forming in my stomach.. My bottom lip quivers like a leaf as I see the confidence and composure all lacing together  into her little movements. Her long hair flows down her back as her define high cheekbones only enhancing her sharp jawline even further. Her bright green yet hazel eyes wander the room while her pouty lips form a grin. She knows she's pretty. 

"Is she rude or something?" I question curiously not really knowing what sparked her angsty and annoyment towards her so soon.

Maybe, that was a question I wanted answered, so I could judge her without knowing a single thing about her. 

I don't want to say I'm quick to get jealous, but when it comes to the idea of him moving on, or him thinking about someone else — I can't help the anxiety that builds up in my chest. 

Falling for someone has never been my forte. 

The gnawing feel of getting my heart broken has always been something I feared. I don't like letting people in and when I do, I fear to loose them. 

"No, but she was talking to Cameron earlier, and everybody knows that Cameron and I, have a thing." She whines childishly and I shake my head in amusement as I glance up at her face which looks clearly irritated.

"You have a 'thing' with every guy, Rebecca."

"That's true but I'm totally talking to Cameron right now so she needs to back off." She frowns and I let out a tiny laugh.

"Don't laugh when she's flirting with your boyfriend as we speak." Rebecca fires back with a jab of her thumb in the two's direction solely to get me on her side,  and as much as it kills me to not take a look, I decide that's what's best for me. I trust Liam. 

Right?

Trust. 

That's exactly what I need to have if I want to ever have a relationship with someone.

"She's not flirting with him, she's trying to make friends." I reply logically before getting ahead of myself but Rebecca doesn't seem to care as she places her warm hand underneath my chin forcing me to look their way.

The girl has her hand placed on his forearm as she glances down at his chem book, the one that she clearly doesn't have since she's new.

I swallow hardly when she doesn't remove her hand after a few seconds and look back up at Rebecca with a shrug. "She doesn't have a book."

"She doesn't have glasses either."

"What does that even mean?"

"That means that she doesn't have glasses but that isn't going to stop her from looking up at him through her stupid mascara lashes." Rebecca growls, folding her arms across her chest clearly still upset about her presence.