April 2018: Ocean Blue by Eric Dabbs

Welcome to the April's Book of the month review! I, RoseBlossom79, will be your host . and the chosen book for April is Ocean Blue by Eric Dabbs.  It is an adventure novel with a flare of science fiction. So put on some 'scuba gear' and hop right in! 😊

🐠🐠🐠

The world's coral reefs hold a delicate balance of complex and diverse marine life ... or are supposed to ... as oceanographers have begun to find a vast mystery lurking in the seas. Something with an insatiable appetite has transformed these aquatic sanctuaries into dead zones devoid of fish. Thus, whatever lurks below in these tropical waters isn't natural, but it is a biological monstrosity of an experiment that went wrong.

The story begins with the details of a scientist, a Dr. Paul Weathers, who was assigned to create a monstrous beast, genetically it was a form of a  barracuda that lurked in the waters for fresh meat. Weathers' backstory is that before he took the job of this mysterious organization, Ocean Blue, he thought it would be for a noble cause, but once the monster fish was created, along with a cover-up, he wanted out. The news of two innocent bystanders who were killed by the beast was his last straw. Thus, he took a plunge into the water to be eaten up by his own creation.

The mysterious organization, Ocean Blue, is an organization who says that they are there to protect all marine life, but it is one that has a sinister agenda. And that might suggest why these sea animals are missing.

A man by the name of Roland Zanderthal is the head of the organization and is also the boss of a Japanese man, Takeshi Ishikawa, who attempts to murder anyone who gets in the way. Readers later learn that  Zanderthal has an elite hideout in Sydney, Australia ... that has multiple security guards everywhere. Thus, all is not so quiet and pretty in the waters, as greed takes place. 

Enters our protagonists in this story, which are Jake Soloman, Tony Cruze, Sarah Lawson, Rachel Wilde and Kevin Greene. These five employees of Sea Lab International, a more reliable organization than Ocean Blue. 

Their jobs were to monitor the ocean's fish population around the coastal parts of the world and to find the root of the problem for the lack of fish in the tropical coral reefs.

All of these characters would find trouble lurking in the same tropical waters that Ocean Blue had been in previously, and they would risk their lives to solve the mystery of the depletion of the fish population.

The suspense only grows larger, as we learn that Zanderthal used to work with Sea Lab International until he was asked to leave by  William Hardy, the CEO of the organization. It is said that Zanderthal once had Parkinson's disease and that was the reason why he was asked to leave. But strangely enough, Zanderthal didn't show any symptoms once the Sea Lab employees met him in Australia as if he gave it to someone else through molecular DNA transfusion. And if you put two and two together, readers could get a wisp of how Roland Zanderthal 's revenge began.

The fish DNA could have been used in the transfusion to "cure" the Parkinson's disease and leaving the monstrous fish as the cover-up, Roland Zanderthal had other plans upon his sleeves! Finding a cure for a disease can be beneficial to the world, but the side effects of it and knowing that murder could take place isn't.

So if you are interested in reading more of this story, click on the link below:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/123612926-ocean-blue

Trust me, you will be whisked away in this action-packed story!