June 2017 - The Egg at Dumstreet

In June we bring to you - The Egg at Dumstreet by RainerSalt

Blighted by a failed relationship, Art exchanges the sunny climes of his homeland for what is surely the rainiest and foggiest place in Europe – Tavetia. It also sports tenement housing where the ultimate horror lurks – cleaning rosters.

Art hasn't quite got on top of things when disaster strikes – an egg has landed on the landing during his weekly stunt with dustpan and brush. Not enough that eggyolk is soiling what should be a pristine floor, the accident also rouses Art's weird neighbours. To placate Mrs Knooch Art cleans up the mess and forgets the rest of the stairs.

What could have turned into a catastrophe of epic dimensions is overshadowed by something even worse. Mrs Knooch has been murdered and all the tenants suddenly find themselves under suspicion. When the police arrive, they are seemingly bumbling yet ominously competent, forcing Art to find a strategy to keep himelf and fellow tenant Monica out of the mess.

"The Egg at Dumstreet" is two parts murder mystery, one part romance and one final part – what? Well, how about a refreshing, enjoyable milieu study that never fails to entertain, always hinting at subtle undercurrents threatening to topple the tenement and its hapless inhabitants with it.

Who dropped the egg? Who murdered Mrs Knooch? And what the heck is going on here? The "Egg" is an ongoing story, gets updated regularly, so hop onto that rattling tram and get yourself a glimpse at one of Wattpad's hidden Gems.