November 2018 - Kairos

Kairos, previously known in another timeline as "The Kairos Temporal Matchmaking Service," is a delightful mixture of time travel, action and romance.

"Time travel isn't just possible, it's been legalized by the US government." And one of the many industries to take advantage is the Kairos Temporal Matchmaking Service with its motto, "What is to be, will be, even if it never happens." For a large fee, approved clients can travel back to the past in search of their perfect match.

At twenty-seven, and tired of being told she has "a pretty face, but...," Adaliah Bloom, Ada for short, feels out of step with the contemporary world. Recovering from a disastrous affair, she decides to engage the Kairos matchmaker, and look for love in the romantic past.

Ada manages to navigate successfully through her first encounter with Wilhelm Willoughby, an English Regency beau. However, her second appointment, with Henry, a bachelor from the Roaring Twenties, does not go so smoothly. For, to Ada's dismay, Henry turns out to be a gangster.

Pursued into the past by Sam, her contemporary ex-lover, and caught up in a gang war with Henry, Ada stumbles from one adventure to another.

A wonderful roller coaster of a book, Kairos will keep you flicking the pages.

This review was by Elveloy

If you'd like to discover more about the author , you can read her interview with me in Adult Fiction's Interview book, here