October 2023 - Bride to the Cursed

Bride to the Cursed: a Snow White retelling by wildx22

Teaser

"I told you I'm Cassie."

"Cassie, Kitty, Fanny, I'll call you anything you want." He dove in for her lips again, seeking to continue where they left off.

Ignoring the incessant throbbing between her legs, she pushed against him, holding him back once more. "We need to talk."

"Later."

"Now," she insisted.

His eyes narrowed, sheer frustration and agony lacing through his features. "Are you serious?"

"You need to listen to me."

"I'm not sure if I want to strangle you or fuck you more." A shudder passed through his muscled form, like he was struggling to hold himself together. "Or both," he gritted.

"If you listen to me first"—Cassie smiled coyly, licking her lips—"I'll let you do both."

Premise

In a twisted retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves:

When a king makes an order, he expects it to be followed. When King Dane divorced his wife, he expected her to get out of his sight and stay out of his sight. Not reappear three months later in his bed, spouting nonsense about being a 'lawyer' from 'Earth' who would 'sue his ass'.

Cassie Rogers could give two shits about this 'king'. He may be one of the hottest specimens to walk this non-Earth, but the man is an asshole, through and through. Unfortunately, he is also the only asshole who may be able to help her get home, so cling to him with all her might, she will.

Yet as they will soon find, their respective challenges are nothing next to the asshole falling for his crazed ex-wife... only to discover that she is the bringer of doom.

Review 

I'm sure everyone has at least heard of Snow White, a princess so charming and kind she captured the hearts of seven dwarves. Now I'm certain you have never read this version of the tale where our main girl is a top notch lawyer capable of bringing a kingdom to its knees... or maybe just topple the king because when the king is in checkmate the board is yours.

This story may not be the bedtime story you read to your kids, it is a little bit more daring. A stubborn King and a headstrong lawyer in close quarters there's bound to be a bit of tension.

Cassie, the main girl of this story, is definitely going to keep you on your toes. It's a wicked game of chess and everyone seems to be a player of some sort in this tale. To our strict but i suppose quite caring madam piper, once you get a bit more acquainted with her, to the ever so handsome King Dane my apologies I meant headstrong King Dane.

This is the perfect nail-biting, edge of your seat ride you're ever going to experience. You find yourself loving characters you had not so great thoughts about in the first chapter and a half.

C. W. Sun is a damn good storyteller that much I can testify to because originally this book was something I casually browsed through, took a quick peek at the summary and the first two chapters, next thing I knew I was halfway through with fingers crossed hoping Cassie would find her happy ever after even in a kingdom plagued by war and death

Click here to find the story: Bride to the Cursed by wildx22 

 You can also find the author interview via this Link