The battle of hogwarts

Apparating to my childhood home, collapsing upon appearing. My dress stained with soot and grime, I shakingly stood up, taking in my surroundings. Burn marks had littered the walls and met up to the ceiling, I trailed my fingers along the wall. Tears flowing freely down my face as I walked up the stairs, my foot gave in at the top step almost giving out, I heard my brothers name being called from what used to be the office. Slowly pushing open the door I gasped. "Mom!" She was pinned under a fallen support beam, her skin was singed along and parts of her greying hair was burned away. I ran over and noted that the beam was pinned into her stomach and was the only thing keeping her alive, tears streamed steadily out of my eyes.

Her hand met my face, "Titi," my throat closed as a sob escaped, "I remember when you dreamed about being a pilot like your father, you'd always glow when he told you about a combat field and how he and his mates would explain it all to you... you look so much like him," her voice was getting weaker. "You've grown so much in such a short time Titi... Fighting in a war that wasn't meant for you... Your father..." she coughed and a stream of blood exited her mouth, "Would be so proud... I know I am... The boy has my blessing, love you deserve to be happy..."

My heart broke, as her hand rested on my cheek, "Momma please..."

"You're brother passed defending me..." a sob escaped my lips, "Please remember love. Not all Slytherins are terrible, not all gryffindors are good, and not all Hufflepuffs are cowards... you've proven that staying by my side..." her voice detailed off. My voice strained out her name, her hand falling limp in mine. I screamed, hoping anyone would hear me. Images of us celebrating when I got my first letter. My fifth birthday, when I met my little brother. Aidan... I ran over to his room to find it just as bad as the last.

Light sobs were heard from the closet, "nonono, please no," I threw open the closet door, he threw his wand up at me. "You're okay," a relieved sigh escaped my lips, clinging to him. I let him cry into my shoulder, remembering he's only 11. "You don't deserve this darling..." I pulled him into my lap, "none of this..." I thought of a game plan, "we can go to aunt Linda's? Okay... she's not in this at all, she's a muggle. They wouldn't touch a muggle... we can stay there!" I grabbed his arm and helped him up, "You're the new man of the house! Right love?" He nodded and straighten up, "I'll help you get ready for your first year, I'll tell Ginny to help you out," I guided him over to the door.

That was over six months ago, and I had received news that the first years were being put on evacuation to Three Broomsticks. Getting sick of all of this I threw on my older brothers dark green hoodie and some grey jeans. Topping it off with my converse, apparating to Kings Cross the fucks that if the muggles saw me completely out the window. Checking the time I groaned 11:11, apparating to just off of school grounds. It was around 6, all the first years gone and the order along with dumbledores army stying behind. Entering the courtyard I was greeted by Molly, my chest swelled as I ran to hug her. Followed my Ginny, "Fred's been worried sick about you! Where have you been?" I explained the night of the wedding and everything with my family, she engulfed me into a hug. A memory of when she first met my mom crossing my mind. I clung to her tighter tears threatening to fall, "Oh Fred! He's on the balcony with George," remembering my fourth year "date" with Logan I nodded and ran off. Making the few turns and going up what feels like millions of stairs. Two familiar gingers whip around their wands raised.

George looked shocked, Fred's eyes wide, keeping his cool, "Hello, love!" The love of my 17 year old life chuckled.

"I swear I don't see you for six months and all I get is a hello?" I stuck tongue between my teeth, "Fine..." I turned away and walked, stopping I spun around and saw him in the doorway in front of me. He engulfed me into a hug, I gripped him tight. Tears streamed out of my eyes as my knees went weak, "I missed you..." my voice cracked. "So much..." he kissed my forehead and wiped away my tears, "I was mortified at the idea you didn't make it, I lost my mom and JD, all I have is my little brother and I can't—" he cut me off by giving me a quick kiss.

"Are you sure you can fight?" The ginger in front of me asked, "You don't have too!" I grabbed his hands and looked him dead in the eyes.

"I ca-can fight Freddie..." I cupped his cheek and gave him a kiss, "after-after this we can go home, and try to resume l-life as it was before, I have a surprise for you when we get home by the way," I smiled, "it'll give you something to look forward to I love you..." I didn't want to tell him he got my mother's blessing.

"I love you too..."

What felt like minutes later I found myself in a corridor, "Hello Minister!" Hollered Percy, "Did I mention I'm resigning?" I let a chuckle escape my lips as I fired a stunning jinx at my opponent.

"You're joking Perce!" I shouted in a teasing manor, Fred firing three separate Stunning spells in my direction. Causing me to duck, I looked at where he was firing just in time to see the death eater poOF into dust.

"You actually are joking, Perce.... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were-" I knew this scene all too well, I cut off Fred by tackling him to the ground. The explosion sounded, both of our wands flying as I did my best to cover his head from any debris that could be falling. A chunk of rock missing my head by centimetres, my arms were protecting the area around his head. I pushed against the pieces of gravel on my back. There wasn't much of it around Fred and I, straddling him I watched him sit up and give me a hug, "Bitsy..." my past worries washing away from me I heard a familiar scream and crunching of rocks.

My gaze hardening I gave Fred a quick kiss and shoved his arms off of me, "I'll be back in a jiffy love..." I ran wherever I saw a figure turn, "Josie!" Her head snapped and was contorted into a twisted smile.

"Did you like my little surprise back at home darling~ I left the brat traumatised..." I watched her stalk around me, "where's your wand love? What about your pretty little boyfriend? Is he dead?" I shut my eyes and calmed myself, "Are we going to do this old fashion? Or..." She was leaning right into my ear, "my way~?" I tackled her to the ground and pinned her easily ripping her wand from her grasp, I threw it somewhere. Shoving me off she let out a surprised gasp, I stood up quickly and saw her have two people by their collars, Michael and Aidan. "Well isn't this a fun surprise~!" I saw Fred creeping up behind her.

I shook my head no, "Don't do it, please..." Fred stopped dead in his tracks, debating my next move, "Josie please let them go..." an idea had popped into my head, I started practicing hand magic at my times during the burrow, never really having any major success. My eyes darted around desperate for something to throw at her. A decent sized rock was a few feet in front of me, "You can come home, with me and Aidan. You can start a new life, we can try to put all of this behind us, or you can kill just me..." I saw Fred almost yell in protest, "Please don't hurt them," I started focussing more on the rock, thinking of it to fly towards her. She was rambling off about how I deserved it, which brought me enough time. I jerked my hand up and watched the rock hit her in the stomach, Fred throwing me my wand, I pointed it at her, "Petrificus Totalus!" watching her fall forward onto the ground I ran past her grabbing the two boys arms. I dragged them off, "You two are about to get a earful from me!" Everything seemed to be a tad bit more calmed down, I made them walk in front of me like I used to do with my little brother, Fred staying next to me, our wands out. On guard and adrenaline running thought my system. Another explosion occurred knocking the two boys in front of me down and throwing me and Fred against a wall.

My vision becoming blurry and fading to black, I opened my eyes seconds later to be greeted by a familiar ceiling, and soft sobs next to me and someone gripping my hand. I gave them a squeeze and moved my head slowly to face them. I saw familiar purple pants next to me and let my eyes trail up to be greeted with tear-ridden face, I squeezed his hand as his brown eyes met my green eyes, "Christina I-I couldn't find them, I couldn't find your brother I'm so sorry!" It slowly registered in my mind what he said. The grief hitting me like a bullet I brought my free hand up to my eyes. Feeling the tears build up behind them I sat up, I knew the dirt and grime would be washed away one way or another. I wrapped my arms around Fred and held him close to me, I felt the tears dampen his jacket. His arms around my waist and my legs straddling him, I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to face them...