The Room Where it Happens

We all were gathered in the room of requirement, we were trying to summon a Patronus, I was walking around. Helping whoever needed it, Nigel, a first year who wanted to help struggling to conjure one up, sneaking up next to him. "Need help bud?" he jumped slightly, and nodded.

"I can't seem to get it..." he pouted, "I'm thinking of the happiest memory, but it's not working..."

I grimaced, "Then it's not your happiest memory, what's the memory kiddo?" I stood next to him my hand on my hip. He mentioned this one time at the Zoo when he was a little kid, "Does it make your stomach feel warm and fuzzy?" he shook his head no, "Think of a memory that gives you that feeling!" I stood up, "That's what I've been told, I've been helping kids out," I ruffled his hair.

I watched him for a moment, he raised his want, "Expecto Patronum!" A small kitten had portrayed itself in front of him, I smiled and gave him a high five, "Why don't you try it?" I shrugged.

"I'm more of the help, I walk around helping people," I smiled lightly at the lower class man, "I have too many good memories I can't pick just one!" That was a small lie, my summer at the burrow or even last summer.  Those would be good ones, I looked around following the kitten that was doing a figure 8 at my feet. A Hyena ran through me followed by a Coyote. I spun around and saw my two best friends standing there in awe.

George had spoken up first, "Come on Chris what's your Patronus?" I shrugged, the shorter of the twins also known as Fred walked up to where he was facing me.

A look of wonder had played across his face, "I'll help you..." I huffed and gave in, turning around I felt his hands rest on my hips, "What is your happiest memory, love?"

0-0-0

Almost immediately I'm bought to my third year, I was staying at the burrow for Winter holidays. Ginny and I sharing a room, I was still awake due to the unfamiliar surroundings. Deciding to take a walk I bumped into someone, "Oh I didn't see you there! Pardon me..." I shimmied past.

"Christina be careful you're going to tr-" POMF! My face had been heavily doused with flour, I sneezed as another voiced laughed at me. Wiping powder from my eyes I picked up whatever flour was on the floor and smacked both of their chests.

"I think this should be next years design!" One of the twins said.

"Oh definitely! Could be our new style!" The other laughed.

o-o-o

"Expecto Patronum!" A sad little white wispy came out of the end of the wand, "Dammit!"

Fred rubbed my upper arm, "Stronger than that dearest..." he kissed the side of my head.

o-o-o

I'm thrown farther back, to my first year, the first time I met the twins, I was helping Shanya tie her tie in the train cabin, a chorus of yells and laughter were heard down the train corridor, two specific red heads barrelling into the cabin. I genuinely had no clue why this was a happy memory but it was there, oh wait no this was the time when they started joking with me about being able to tie a tie. I chuckled as Fred's tie was tied to where the thinner part was in front. Walking up to him I quickly undid his tie and brought the tie around once, laced up from behind. Tugging it quickly through the loop, "at least I can tie one, Fred was it?" The twins looked at me shocked. "You surely both know my sister? Josie?" That's how everyone knew me, my sister star student.

o-o-o

I repeated the spell again, you could barely see the faint outline of a dog, I had gathered a small crowd by this point, "One more time I promise..."

I thought long and hard for this one, conjuring up three of them, "I think I got this..."

o-o-o

I was standing in the stadiums looking up at he firework spectacular in front of me, glancing over to the family I went with I saw Fred staring at me. My face heated up as I looked away and bit my lip. Looking back at the fireworks I noticed they had changed to lights of a sort. I looked down at my outfit;

I was back in my dress at the Yule Ball, Fred's hands on my hips, I looked at how the light reflected off his hair. Also how it made streaks of multi-coloured lights played across his face, we made eye-contact he spun me around.

Shutting my eyes to brace for impact. Opening them back up I saw that in front of me again was Fred holding my hand, at the second event, "Give us a go?"

o-o-o

My face was slightly warm, "Expecto Patronum!" I felt more power behind my voice, a Ibizan hound had bounded away from me, joining the Hyena in a little play fight. Cheering had erupted around me and Fred's arms had wrapped around me lifting me up.

I laughed pretty hard, my face still warm. He set me down, kissing me quickly. "I'm so proud of you love..." I smiled broadly at him and gave him a quick peck. The hound ran between the two of us followed by the Hyena then the Coyote, "Looks like they're getting along..." I laughed and nodded.

They tumbled around for a bit like old friends, smiling, "They are, aren't they...?" The mirrors behind me shattered, revealing a small hole. Nigel walking up to it I froze, "Nigel you may want to take a step back..." I heard Umbridge's voice my heart dropping. I dropped my wand and dragged him out of harms way keeping him from the debris from the wall blowing out.