How time flies

I straightened my top, looking myself over in the mirror, a maroon dress that my mother tailored looked back at me, my hair done up in a braid bun lovingly done by Ginny. I looked over myself in the mirror. Smoothening our my skirt that stopped at my knees, ((Like above but a shorter skirt)) I heard Fred's voice behind me, the last day of my seventh year I ditched my glasses for contacts, my circle frames resting on the vanity in front of me. I focussed on him in the mirror and chuckled looking at our outfits. He had a yellow vest on, "Awe love you look stunning," he walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me, "but I think you stole my colour!"

I shook my head, "Never! I think you stole mine!" I mimicked the slight accent he had. He laughed and grabbed my hand, I swiped my wand off the vanity, stating we must go down stairs or our parents are going to flip, I agreed as we walked downstairs talking about how we think the war is going to end.

"When it's over I think we should marry," he stated catching me off guard a bit, "we've been together for about three years and we've known each other for seven," he reasoned as we reached he bottom of the step. "Not to mention Christina Jo Weasley does have a good ring to it," I chuckled as we reached the bottom of the stairs. I agreed and greeted my mom and Molly, Gaby and Arthur were talking about the function of a kazoo which was slightly amusing. Still holding his hand I slipped on the same white heels from the Yule ball. Fred making a comment on how those still fit. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out towards him in an mocking manor.

I looked over at Fred, "You'd have to get my parents blessing first though," I'm not going to lie I've thought about the idea of us getting married, "If you're the first they actually approve of why not be the last amirite?" I nudged his side. Our parents gave us a look as Fred and I made eye contact.

"Maybe a different day though," his laughter filled the room, I agreed and smiled. The four of us headed outside to finish setting up for the ceremony.

As I was helping I chatted away with Shanya, Kellin was arriving with Vic any moment either way. So she was spiffing up, smoothening out her outfit every five seconds which was strikingly similar to mine except it connected and was a darker shade of turquoise. I chuckled and rolled my eyes as I set the table.

***

The ghost of his last laugh still on his face, "Are you having fun?" I nodded and asked the same question, "Yeah I got to have dinner with this one girl I've had a thing for since my family bought her to the Quidditch World Cup, If you saw the way she turned into a child when the fireworks exploded," he chuckled, "You definitely would've fallen in love. Glad I asked her out my sixth year," My face had exploded in warmth, I hid my face in his chest careful not to rub any makeup on his suit. I could feel his laughter resonate in his chest.

I took a deep breath, lifting my head, "Funny I got to do the same with a guy that I've been dating since," I thought for a moment, "I think my fourth year" I smiled brightly. He looked up groaning saying we were so cheesey, "isn't that a Gouda thing?"

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "Are you Serious?"

A broad smile had stretched across my face, "No I'm Christina," he hung his head smiling and I rested my head on his chest again chuckling. Our necks snapped towards a bright light as our fun was immediately brought to an end.

Our attention was brought to a bright light, anxiety filled my system, "The ministry has fallen, Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming." Almost immediately laughter and familiar cackling filled the area surrounding us, I pulled my wand from the elastic of my dress and gripped Fred's hand. He gave me three squeezes of reassurance, and ran off.

I immediately followed in suit running after him. Only for a death eater with wild purple hair to run in front of me, my heart dropped as the same brown eyes as mine met me, "Well... well... well... look what we have here, the little man stealer~" I gripped my wand and held it up, "She has courage now, how adorable!"

I felt my voice clench, "Josie you don't have to do this, you can come with me!" My eyes met Fred as worry, pure hatred, and terror laced his eyes, "Fred, love, go find everyone you can and get out of here, I don't need you getting hurt," her cackle met my ears. Making my hand falter, I looked at him with a pleading look almost begging him to leave. I watched tears stream out of his eyes as he spun around and darted. "If you kill me, I'm going to ask you one thing, and one thing only," my voice was shaking as her wand rose, "Please let Fred live," her wand lowered a bit, I felt the soot start to stain my face, "Josephine Beatrice DaPrato," I took a deep breath steadying my wand I took position, "I challenge you too a duel..." bowing as a proper form. Almost immediately after she yelled a disarming spell, I threw my arm up deflecting it and firing a string of any spells I could think off of the top of my head.

"Is that all you got? Come on Christina I though you could do better! Crucio!" My eyes widened as I fired a random spell, a slight blue glow. Guessing it was the disarming spell, the red glow of the spell matched her twisted face, all the memories of me staying up listening to her rant about Fred, or some other boy she fancied flooded my memories. It pained me to do so but I pushed harder, against all odds I pushed. For my lost sister, for my missing brother. Terrified mother and my little brother, who's looking forward to his first year at Hogwarts. I pushed, eventually giving in I dropped down as her wand flew towards me.

I coughed, and met my sister's gaze, I didn't recognise the person in front of me, my spirits fell as she stalked up to me and grabbed my hair, "You've been waiting for this moment since the Ministry haven't you?" I smirked as she pulled me up, "Old fashion aren't we?" I chuckled, she gave me a quick slam in the nose, crying out in pain. I grabbed her arm, "Luckily my dearest sister, perks of being a half-blood,," I jabbed her in the ribs and her grip released, "Taught me a thing or two about fighting,". Socking her in the face I watched her fall, scooping up my wand and running off.