The Dark Mark

I had never thought that my summer would be spent in a burrow that felt more like home than anything. I was sitting in the twins room on the second floor reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newton Scamander the smell of gunpowder and a floral scent evident in the air. Most likely from the twins antics from days prior. I set my book down and looked at Sunny, who currently was upside down in my vision. I sighed and slowly slid off of I think it was George's bed roll backwards my Beatles shirt sliding up my back a bit. I adjusted my flannel pants looking outside, it was dark outside and inside the burrow was still well lit. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was midnight and the twins were most likely planning some prank again. Shanya peered at me from over her book, "Tired yet?"

I stretched and yawned nodding, "If the twins don't get back in 20 minutes I'm stealing the top bunk, I don't care if it's Fred it's mine now," I climbed to the top of the bed and plopped down. Stale gunpowder and lilacs. A smell I'd never get tired of. Reading my book, I swear I blinked, only to be greeted with a cup of cold water on my face. I sat up quickly glaring at the densely freckled boy in front of me.

His eyes gleamed while his smile stretched from ear-to-ear, "How's the Princess?" He said with a shit eating grin.

I mumbled tiredly into the pillow, "I'm tired and I don't want to move... What time is it?" He responded that it was almost 1 in the morning.

I groaned, stating I don't wanna move, he huffed, flipping me into my back exposing my eyes to the light, "Then at least move over!" He seemed not to care that the pillow was wet, he was facing me and I was facing him. My eyes were half opened looking at him slowly falling into sleep, "Goodnight..."

I nodded slowly in response, "Night, Loser..."

x-x-x

I woke up to Momma Weasely's voice ringing through the house, I gave an attempt to stretch, almost hitting Fred in the face. "My face is there you ass!" I let out a tired laugh, Fred's hair sticking up in different directions and his voice more gravely then normal. I waited for Fred to get off the top bunk, I watched as Fred grabbed a change of clothes and left the room, I grabbed my duffel from the corner of the room, checking to see if George was gone and he was. I threw on a sweater with a red top-half and a black lower portion, over my Beatles shirt; I was currently too lazy to change out of my shirt. Plus it was a chilly morning, I pulled on some black worn skinny jeans and paired with with a beanie with a little red snitch on the corner. I shoved my pyjama pants into my duffel and zipped it shut, sliding my wand into my boot. I slung my duffel over my shoulder bouncing down the stairs into the kitchen Momma Weasely handing me a plate that had simple toast and eggs.

I looked at her and smiled slightly, "If you need any help around here you know how to contact me, anything even something small," she smiled and gave me a side-hug, stating that I was living up to my houses standards, which was Hufflepuff. My smile widened, after breakfast we were leaving on a short hike to a portkey. Which according to Hermoine was a enchanted object that could transport you in a sense, I nodded. My duffle now by my feet.

The twins both walked into the kitchen, Fred's mouth dropped as George looked betrayed, "We gotta throw the entirety of Christi out now! She supports Bulgaria!" I pointed towards Harry, who also sported a red-shirt with a black sweater over it, "Gotta throw out all of Ron's friends now don't we?" I chuckled finishing my egg, the plate floating out of my hands, and towards the sink. That aspect still baffling me, I had paid for my own ticket to the cup and the Weasely's let me stay with them for the summer, supplying food and shelter and I couldn't be anything less than grateful. I stood in the corner, watching everyone interact. Shanya bantered with George, about some guy named Kellin. Fred politely listening in, and them eating their full of food. I had spaced out looking at my hand, my hat being snatched off of me and thrown in my face.