Stale Gunpowder and Lilacs

"You're leaving Hogwarts!?" I looked at my significant other with an agape mouth, "Fred, what are you going to do?" We had decided to go on a proper date since we haven't planned one since the beginning of the semester. OWLs being a little under a month away.

He let out a chuckle, "I just think my talents are being wasted in a school setting," we both stopped walking and faced each other, "Either way Weasley Wheezers aren't aloud on school grounds anymore so why not start an enterprise with it? They were such a big hit on grounds, imagine off grounds, love!"

I bit my cheek, debating whether or not I should let him. He's 17, 18 this April, he's an adult let him. "Just stay safe?" I looked up at him, "I don't need to lose you hun..." he smiled and pecked my forehead.

"Never..." he stated simply, wrapping his arms around me, the clock stroke three, sighing I suggested we go to a local tavern before we left, he dropped his hand into mine as we took a longer way around. Confused, we arrived at a empty corner lot, on the outside it looked seemingly empty, "I wanna show you something..." he dragged me inside and pulled me up a few flights of stairs, some spots had familiar boxes stacked in them. He opened a final door that revealed a bed, a dresser with a vanity shoved against a wall, the room was rather toasty and had a homey feeling to it. The walls were painted a maroon and the bed-sheets were a simple plain grey, "If it gives you any safe state of mind, George and I set up rooms here. We won't be homeless, darling..." Even in here it smelled of gunpowder and lilacs, a seeming reoccurring smell around Fred.

A sense of pride had started in the pit of my stomach, "I'm proud of you guys," I looked at him with a smile on my face, his childish features glowing, my heart skipping a beat, "How did I land a guy like you...?" My smile softened into a little side smirk. He pulled me close and kissed the top of my head.

"I could ask myself a similar question..." He cupped my face in his hands and pecked my nose. "We should be getting back," I nodded, he explained the set-up for the store as he walked down, he walked over to some boxes by the window and opened them carefully. Uncorking a bottle and held it up to my face, "Smell," he demanded softly.

Unsure I took a light sniff, stale gunpowder and... lilacs? "What is it? Smells familiar," his eyes lit up, "Stale gunpowder and lilacs, almost like you and George's room back at the burrow," it slowly clicked into my mind what it was, "No way!"

His smiled widened, "Love potion, smells of the persons you love musk, cool right?" I nodded grasping the small bottle after he closed it.

Turning it over in my hand I looked up at him, "How am I going to tell George?" I teased, sighing dramatically, a hurt look played in his eyes, "I'm only teasing, you know how I feel..." I went on my tippy-toes and pecked his cheek. "How did you know it worked?"

I looked over the bottle in my hands, it was a violent pink with a maroon labelling, in silver lettering it stated the product, which Fred had stated earlier. I looked up at him, "I didn't know, Ron was the one who smelled I think it was Fluer last year, I didn't let him live it down. George smelled something different, I think it was butterscotch and vanilla, I smelled," he took it from me and took a quick whiff, "Cherry Blossoms and rain, which is a bizarre combination but I realised where it was from the night before the World Cup," I nodded slowly. He handed the bottle back to me.

Still admiring the bottle, it slowly sank in what he said, "Cherry Blossom?" My perfume? He nodded smirking, "Rain?" The burrow? He grabbed my hand and pulled me out the front door, "But that's- wait what?"

He laughed, "Putting two and two together eh DaPrato?" I let out a quick no, "I love you, you bloody git," he chuckled as I still gripped the bottle. We stopped at the platform as the train showed up, we stayed at the shop a lot longer. The bell tolled now five times, "We made it just for the last train," he pulled me into a empty cabin.

Slowly sinking in the past 20 minutes, the shop, the potion, I smiled, "Hey Fred?" He hmm'd from across the cabin, "I love you too..."

A smile had stretched across his face, "I know"