I place the mug down and reach forward for the chicken wing, before moving my gaze to Donald-instantly meeting his.

I give him a small smile in which he doesn't respond. My smile fades and he lets out a sigh. "Please tell me what's wrong.." he begins to rake his hair.

"I'm just not hungry." I begin and he clenches his jaw, before scooting his chair closer to mine.

"I'm going to speak to Jack." He states all of sudden.

My eyes widen and I shake my head vigorously. "Please don't. I told you I--"

"No." He snaps. "You're not the same. You've changed since the day you came home all upset. You always lock yourself up and--"

I take a deep breath, before cutting him off. "I-I just needed a few days to myself.. I'm sorry." I then look up at him and he's still looking at me with a worried look.

"Today.. I-I think I'm fine.. Much better than yesterday, I'm so sorry for shutting you out Donald..I.." I trail off watching Donald's every move.

His eyes are now closed. After a moment he open then and lets out a breath, before rubbing his face, tiredly.

"I shouldn't of done that." He then mumbles.

"What?" I stare at him, as his eyes fill with sorrow.

"Snap at you. Pressurise you. I'm so sorry, I was just worried, just-just take your time then, yeah?" He grumbles, and I let out a small laugh, nodding.

"Thanks." I grin at him. "But, I think I'm fine now, seriously." I begin to chew on the chicken wing again.

Donald cracks a grin, before leaning forward and ruffling my hair. "Hey!" I whack his arm and he laughs.

"Why did Jack break up with you anyway?" He questions and my smile drops.

"I-I it was me. I broke up with him.." I clear my throat, averting my gaze.

He hums. "That's not what you said before." He smirks and I roll my eyes with a grin. "Whatever."

"Donald, I'm heading out now, do you want me to drop you off to work?" His mother calls.

"We'll talk about this later." He then tells me and I groan. He stands up and heads to the door.

"Bye, sweetheart." Mrs Hickman waves and I wave back.

When they leave, I chew on the chicken a bit more, before placing it back on my plate, half finished.

I lick my lips, standing up and pick up my plate. I walk to the sink and quickly wash it, before washing my hands and then drying them.

I make my way to the couch but freeze when I hear a light thud upstairs.

I furrow my brows but then shrug. Probably nothing.

I continue walking and then jump on the couch, shutting my eyes.

~~~~~~~
"What do you mean?" I give a confused smile as Jack slowly sits down on the chair he keeps outside, on his balcony.

"I'm just saying.." he shrugs, staring at the sky. "Whatever happens between us, it's for a reason."

I tear my gaze off the sky and look at him with furrowed brows. "What?"

He chuckles lowly. "Nothing. Let's just focus on the present."

"What do you think she's smiling about?" A whisper stirs me from sleep.

"Let the poor girl sleep." The other person scolds.

I open my eyes and immediately, I'm greeted with two pairs of grey and blue eyes staring back at me.