Good Ol' Times (Mason & Carly)

Good Ol’ Times (Mason & Carly)

Mason

Mason stared ahead. His gaze far away, as if the wall in front of him transported him away from where he sat. Partly true. Admittedly, he's a little nervous— okay maybe not little, but a little major. Nonetheless, he's nervous. End of discussion.

Carly and Mason's wedding anniversary is few days away, most probably a week, yes. He's brainstormed ideas for the surprise celebration, and he has a lot. And by a lot means, he's got a hundred or so ideas inside his head it was almost crazy.

He's been thinking about it a month before, and he compartmentalized pretty hard on the ideas. From a hundred down to thirty down to twelve and finally down to two.

And now he's finally down to one. The first idea, not good. So the back up idea was his last resort, plus it sounded the very best surprise. For him, at least. He just pray to all the gods that Carly would find it the very best surprise as well. Seriously, he doesn't know what to make out of that if it happens.

In order for him to push his plan, he called the kids for backup, and yes, help. He needed all the help he could take, he might cram everything if he'd do it all by himself.

Nasa bahay siya, lumusot sa trabaho para planuhin ang surprise niya sa asawa. Asher came first, rummaging around the Heath kitchen for food— like no one ever feeds him, which was technically true. (Although, Asher feeds himself on a few… stuffs that Mason didn't want to discuss.)

"Tito, may problema ba sa council?" Mason heard Ash asked, but his voice seemed far away he wasn't really sure if he heard him right.

Probably poking his head inside the fridge or something, he thought and stared ahead at the wall in front of him.

Enzo and Ezra came rushing through the front door, both have anxious look on their faces. As soon as they found their Dad blankly staring at the wall, they both frowned.

"Dad." tawag ni Enzo.

Mason raised his head and gave his son a small nod. He folded his arms and settled his elbows on his lap, and laced his fingers together. They have half of his attention, his other half was somewhere around the upcoming event.

Asher stumbled out of the kitchen, mumbling something. But with his mouth stuffed full of food he rummaged through the fridge, Mason barely understand a word he said.

Ezra sat across from him, her gaze intent. "What's wrong, Dad? May nangyari ba? May dapat ba kaming malaman?"

Umiling lang si Mason. He's still waiting for the others, also, thinking of his plan. He has to be sure about everything, or else he might jeopardize the special event. And he can't have that. Not on his watch, not ever.

He can't afford to disappoint Carly, he love her so much he would give the world— literally — to her if that was even possible. But since it's not, sa ibang paraan niya ibibigay ang mundo sa asawa. Sa paraan na alam niya, at sa paraan na kaya niya. And this surprise is one of it.

"Da—" Ezra's complain hang in mid air when Zeus, Aiane and Flame came through the door and stood by the living room awkwardly. His daughter knitted her brows at the other three and back to him. "What's the meaning of this, Dad?"

"Let's wait for another minute, Ez, okay?" Mason finally said. He has to maintain his serious façade para lang sumunod si Ezra sa kanya. He knows how stubborn his daughter could get. Hindi niya talaga alam kung kanino nag-mana ang anak. Scratch that, he knows, alright. But Ezra's a little way overboard. He loves her nonetheless. Both her and Enzo, and of course, Lizzy.