That Slight Tinge

That Slight Tinge (Aiden & Ezra)

Aiden Ansel

He just got back from a quick visit to the next town with his Beta, Theo. May konting gulo ang ilang wolves 'dun and their pack was the immediate respondent.

Hindi na niya iniutos sa iba since may time naman siyang pumunta. And as an Alpha, it was one of his many duties to check and supervise his subordinates. He can't just turn a blind eye even from the smallest of things and smallest of issues.

Agad niyang nakita si Avis, his ex-girlfriend, pagkatapak palang sa loob ng pack house. She was busy chatting with Imogen kaya hindi sila nito napansin, had it not been for Theo calling his sister's name.

The girls turned to give both of them a smile.

"How was it, Kuya?" bungad ni Imo sa kanya.

"Settled." matipid na sagot niya. "Where's Nia?"

"Taking a shower." natatawang sagot ni Imo. "She's been inside for like half an hour already."

Avis sighed. "Seems like she's still avoiding me."

"I'm sure it's not like that." Aiden assured her.

"Don't worry, Avis, Nia will come around." ngiting sabi ng kapatid sa dalaga.

"I hope so."

"Ano palang ginagawa mo rito?" tanong ulit ni Theo sa kapatid.

"Am I not allowed to visit at random?" nanunuksong tanong ni Avis.

"Hindi naman sa ganun..."

Avis laughed. "I'm messing with you, Theo. I just wanted to visit. And I miss Nia, too."

"Dito ka na mag-lunch." alok ni Aiden.

"Okay lang ba? Hindi ako kasama sa budget." biro nito.

"Oh, please, Avis." Imo dismissed her comment. "Hindi ka naman iba dito sa pack, e. Malay mo maka-usap mo na rin si Nia kapag nag stay ka pa nang mas matagal."

Avis gave them a small smile. "I intended to stay longer. My mate's on father duty for today. He wanted me to take a day-off."

"Oh. Good." Imo clapped her hands. "Sabihan ko lang sila sa kusina." his sister vanished to the kitchen.

Theo tapped his shoulder before glancing at his sister. "Need to take care of something. See you at lunch." paalam nito tsaka umalis. Leaving him with Avis.

"Hindi naman ako nakaka-abala sa'yo, ano?"

Aiden smiled and shook his head no. "Not really. Come on, let's sit down."

"I heard about the garden at the backyard." Avis started as they walked. "I want to see it. New feature raw ng pack house."

"Yea, you could say that."

They both chuckled as Aiden led her out into the backyard. It wasn't in his daughter's personality to ask him for a garden, nonetheless they both enjoyed making it. Past time na rin nila pareho.

The garden wasn't much. Just a bunch of plants, bushes and flower pots he and Nia worked hard to plant. It was Theo's idea to add up the round table and chairs. Sakto sa ilalim ng lilim nung malaking puno malapit sa garden. Imogen even helped by adding the small wooden fences around the garden area.

Then he made a wooden swing set by the tree, para kay Nia. Gusto nga niya sanang palitan ng hammock para mas maganda, but Nia wanted the swing set so bad he didn't defy his little girl's order.