Homesick

Homesick (Aiden & Ezra)

Ezra Alexandra

"Come on, Ash." she playfully said to her cousin. "Is that all you've got?"

Asher rolled his eyes at her snide comment. "Shut up, Ez. I'm just warming up."

Sumeryoso ang mukha ng pinsan. Ezra's smirk vanished when she noticed Asher's reaction.

He won't be playing anymore, she thought.

She smiled at the thought as she stretched her arms and changed her stance.

The game's just starting...

Agad na sumugod si Asher sa kanya using his vampire speed. Ezra stood still, waiting for the attack. When Asher was an inch away from her, she stepped one foot forward and grabbed her cousin's arm before flipping him over her shoulder, down to the ground.

Asher groaned in pain.

"Dang it, Ez!" angil nito.

Ezra gave her cousin a smirk. "Deal with it, Ash. I'm good at hand-to-hand combat, you know that like the back of your hand."

"Ewan ko sa'yo. Hindi pa tayo tapos."

"Give me a break." Ezra grumbled. "Paulit-ulit ka rin lang naman na natatalo sa'kin, kay Enzo pati kay Zeus."

"Hoy, grabe ka naman." maktol ng pinsan. "I defeated you guys a couple of times."

"Not a handful." Ezra countered, sticking her tongue out at him. Binitawan na niya ang pinsan tsaka humakbang paatras. "Let's call this a day for now. We've been training for five freaking hours!"

"Kulang pa 'yun." sagot ni Asher na naka-indian seat na sa lapag. "Hangga't hindi kita natatalo, hindi tayo titigil."

"Huh!" Ezra laughed. "Matatapos nalang ang araw ewan ko kung may mapala ka. Good luck, boy!" she gave him a flying kiss before turning her back at him and walked towards the door.

"Ez!" sigaw ng pinsan. "Bumalik ka! We're not done yet!"

But she had none of it.

Mabilis siyang pumasok sa loob ng kwarto at naligo.

They had been away for too long.

Throughout the summer, they went abroad to train themselves just like what their parents did before.

They went to Pennsylvania first, then to London and lastly to Romania. And all throughout their stay, all they did was train and train and train. Up till that day.

School is about to start in a week or two, at hindi niya sigurado kung kailan ba sila uuwi sa Hangrove. They even have to fly through plane kesa gumamit ng portal pabalik. Which bummed her big time. Nakakapagod kasi ang mag biyahe.

She slumped over her bed after getting dressed.

Sana totoo 'yung narinig niya noong isang araw: na uuwi na sila bukas. Well, she's crossing her fingers ngayon palang.

She lazily picked her buzzing phone off the bedside table, and without looking at it, she slide it open.

Mate:

I hope you're doing okay. Nia misses you so bad.

She couldn't help her lips from smiling, it was as if it has a mind of its own.

Her heart beat increased as she read the message again, then her longing hit her like a waterfall in a snap.

Hindi man aminin ni Aiden, sigurado siyang namimiss siya ng binata. Because that's what she felt for the whole summer. Hindi pa nag-i-isang linggo, parang gusto na niyang bumalik sa Hangrove.

Her system was always looking for the comforts of her mate. She longed for that familiarity she felt around Aiden.

She misses him every single day. Nauumay na nga ang mga kasama niya dahil araw-araw niyang sinasabi 'yun tuwing nasa hapag o kaya sa living room at kahit sa training pa.

She's just holding herself back because she knew how big Aiden's responsibilities are with him being an Alpha. She would not allow herself to jeopardize Aiden's position.

Hindi man sabihin ng lalaki, alam niyang committed ito sa ginagawa. And that he's happy with what he's doing no matter how hard the going gets.

And she was training so hard all summer to be better. To do better. To protect everyone she loves. So she won't be a nuisance to anybody.

But she has this strong feeling that they were all about to go back soon. Her guts told her so.

And she badly needs to see Nia. And yes, Aiden, too.

She wanted to be near him. To be around him. To feel that erratic feeling in her heart whenever Aiden was around.

She wanted to feel home. She wanted to see home. She wanted to be with home. She wanted to be near home.

She was crazily homesick.

Another week of not seeing her home would probably sent her inside a cell, wearing a straight jacket.

Sighing, she quickly typed a reply;

I'm coming home soon. I miss you, too... Nia.

She chuckled.

She was sure Aiden was disappointed with that. But she grew fond of teasing him. And in return, he loved being teased by her.

"I'm coming home very, very soon, love." she whispered, her eyes not leaving her phone screen. "I'm coming home to you soon, just wait a little longer."