The Surprise

I sighed and said to myself that I kept adjusting to my life, but now I cannot. I was out of my control after that call, I was confused whether to go or not to Riya's cremation process. I kept hesitating to make a decision, for a second I was thinking to go to my love for last time and for a second my heart was asking to listen to her sister's words. I finally made a decision I thought of going to her native place to attend the final rites for the love of my life and finally give an end to the story which we started.

I reached the station and found her sister standing there. I went and spoke to her,
'Why did you come?' she asked
'I am coming along with you to attend the final rites, I will not be around you, just I want to see her for the last time, I will stand far, but please don't say no. I didn't bid her bye while leaving from here; I just want to say a final goodbye, please.' I requested with tears in my eye.
She took something out of her bag; it was a box, gave it to me and asked me to I opened the box which was my surprise that Riya had planned for me and it had the same watch which I always wanted to buy. 'Wear this watch when you come to see her for the last time,' her sister said.
While I was talking with Riya's sister, I got another call from an unknown number, saying, 'how did you like the surprise?'
'Who is this?' I asked.
'Turn around' that person asked, when I turned around, the person from an unknown number talking with me was Riya. 'Surprise' she screamed. I slapped her and tears broke out looking at her. I hugged her seeing her alive and she said 'Soon you forgot me?'
'I was broken and my mind wasn't working. By the way, you went back to your native right?' I asked
'Yes, in the morning itself I missed my train, I kept waiting for you. I got into another train and got down the next station, I didn't want to leave you because I love you Sameer' she said
'Then why did you played with my feelings, I was broken. Why did you do this?'I questioned
'I thought of telling you in the afternoon, but coincidentally the train accident happened. As you kept pranking me all the time, I along with my sister made this plan but didn't want to hurt you Sameer. I came to know how much you care about me, how much you love me,' she said.
'I like your bond, I wish nothing breaks it' her sister said.
'I have nothing to tell, you are here I still can't imagine that you prank me. I seriously hate you for this,' I said.
'I decided to complete my post graduation here and settle in this city, I want to be with you always. Just to be with you I changed the decision and you said that you hate me' she said with a sad face
'I hate you for this prank, but I love so much. I love you because you care for me I love you because you are always with me' I said.

We now decided to get serious in our life; Riya decided to complete her post graduation in Hyderabad and settle in the same city in future. Her sister decided to continue further projects in the same city and stayed with Riya. We even thought of getting serious in our life, we thought of meeting in real, instead of meeting through the social media. We have disconnected all the connections from the social media and removed the tag of distance from our relationship, it is now a close relationship and now we kept meeting regularly. We decided to live in together but we thought we will live in together, only when we get married. Till then, we happily continued our relationship.

*~the end~*