Jealousy

Two days spent, Riya's parents left back to their place. We both met in the college and I asked her about the important thing. She said that she will be telling in the evening, on the video call. I said 'Okay, I have waited for 2 long days; I can wait for few more hours'
I was too desperate to know that after reaching home, I video called her, she responded the call, when we started the conversation, I said 'come directly to the point, what's that important thing you were going to say. This secret tested my patience a lot'
'Wait wait, I was going to say. You know it's been many days we weren't in touch with each other; we realized our importance in our life, and we know how special we are to each other. I wanted to say that...' while she was about to say, the power went away and it didn't let her reveal the secret. I then called her up and thought of continuing the conversation; she said that she missed me a lot and that was the important thing to tell. I was screwed up and started scolding her for keeping in hold to tell that. She didn't want to say 'I missed you' but she had something special to say, for which she was waiting for the right moment.

A few days later, in the college, I was talking to a girl who was upset and I was trying to console her. Riya got jealous of me, seeing me talking to that girl; she got annoyed and left from there. She thought of taking a revenge on me. She started being too good, unlike always she didn't argue and she told sorry to me for no reason. Then I got a doubt, but later ignored it and thought of enjoying the goodness which she was showering on me. It continued for few more days, I asked her why she was being good to me, and she started her argument by saying 'you don't want me to be good, okay I won't be good,' and that made me realize that she is back to normal again.

The next day in the college, Riya's classmates and mine were sitting together and were having fun. There was a guy who was trying to get close to Riya and she too started talking to him and she was sitting very close to him, she did that because she wanted to take the revenge of the previous day where I was talking to a girl. Looking her getting close with him and talking in my presence hurt me and I left from there. Riya giggled when I left from there in frustration. Seeing me going in anger, later she felt sad seeing me leaving from there. In the evening, she tried calling me and sent me messages to tell that she was trying to make me feel jealous, but my mobile was off and I was out that's the reason I couldn't answer any of her calls and messages. She thought this time I was seriously angry on her. Later that night, I charged up my mobile and have seen many missed calls and messages of Riya saying, 'Sameer, are you fine? Why was your mobile switched off, you know right, we talk at this time. By the way, today in the college, I was trying to be making you feel jealous because I saw you were trying to be close with a girl, so I tried to be close to him. I am sorry.'
Reading that message of Riya, I thought to prank her. The next day in the college, Riya came to me and asked the reason for not responding to any of her messages, even when they were seen by me. I tried to be rude with her and said 'I have my own privacy in my life, so please don't keep asking me why I didn't lift the call and coming to the point, not about that girl, she was upset, I was just trying to console her. I seriously don't understand, when there is a problem with your thinking, you think others are bad. Go talk to your close friend with whom you were getting close yesterday.'
Listening to my words, the tears rolled down her eyes, I didn't want to hurt her feelings, I don't know why the words hurt more than a physical injury to a person, I tried to prank her, later thought of telling her it's a prank, before I tell, she left from there saying 'I didn't expect this from you Sameer, anyways we should go to our classes, bye,' and that left me unsaid.