The News

I went back home and slept, as I woke up early to reach the station. I didn't realize about the time, I slept for hours. I woke up in the evening and like always checked my mobile whether she has messaged me or not, then I realized that networks might not work in train. I was then surfing on the internet, and found something was trending on social media, every person was posting, opened one of them and the post stated that a train met with an accident and people died. I started laughing looking at those posts, saying 'people are mad, this news is fake news; they easily make things go viral, because they have these smart phones. The smart phone and internet are like the time bombs and the users are the terrorists, they post anything and that post might hurt someone's feelings or might offend them.'
Later when I turned on the television, switched to the news channel and found the same news which was trending on the social media. I didn't believe for a minute, but the news came out to be true. There was breaking news flashing that the train which was traveling from Hyderabad to Kolkata, met with an accident and many passengers lost their lives. I realized that Riya was traveling on the same train. I was shocked knowing that and tried calling Riya, but her network was not reachable, I kept trying, again and again, later I realized that her mobile and network both aren't working. I was dead inside, I couldn't react to that news, and my feelings were dead because she was too close to me and she cannot leave me alone.

I then got a call from an unknown number, I thought it might be Riya when I received the call; it was not her but her elder sister. She asked me whether I have watched the news or not. I thought she is doing a prank and I said 'stop I caught you, you are doing a prank on me right?'
'Sameer, no, why will I make fun, and stop taking things as a joke. It's about the girl you love and my sister who died in the train accident' her sister said.
'I don't believe, she promised me that she has a surprise for me and I cannot believe this was her surprise, she betrayed me by leaving me alone. I hate her for this.' I was broken down.
'Not only you, even me, she broke all the promises she did with me, she broke the relation with me and left me alone here in this city' her sister cried.
'I still can't believe, she left us, please tell me that you both sisters are doing a prank because Riya became a good prankster being with me.' I said
'Sameer, it's true, how should I make you believe about it, she is no more Sameer, she is now a bad past and a beautiful memory Sameer,' her sister said.
'Please don't say this, she is still alive. She can't leave me because she promised me of being together forever, she is good at maintaining promises' I said
'Sameer, I know how you are feeling, I can understand your situation. Just called to tell you that now you have to forget about Riya. Think she was just a dream of yours which got shattered' her sister explained.
'It's easy for you to tell, she is within me, she became a part of me, when she is with me I feel I have everything in this world when she is not around, I feel I have lost something. Riya is not my dream, she is my reality, and she left breaking all our promises and it's difficult for me to forget her' I told her my feelings.
'Sameer, I understand, now you have to adjust. I am going back to my hometown, and please don't come there and create a mess in the cremation process. I respect you and your feelings, but it's about the reputation of the family, if they see you there, people will ask you many questions and you might break down your feelings,' she said and ended the call.