The New Journey

It was mid April; the hot summer had started. Few students completed their exams and for few, their exams were about to begin. The students who completed their exams, started enjoying their vacations and on another hand, the students whose exams were about to start were planning how not to get sweaty during the exam. There was a girl, who completed her 12th boards and was enjoying her vacation by sleeping and spending time at home by surfing on the internet, unlike the other students who were playing out and enjoying, she denies to go out by saying 'it's too hot outside and I love spending time at home.'

The girl was Riya, an 18years old girl, who stays in Kolkata, was enjoying her vacation like the kids of today's generation. She was a lazy girl, who doesn't do anything unless she is asked to do it twice or thrice.

One evening, her elder sister came home with good news, and it was, her elder sister's promotion in the company she's working in and the company is transferring her to Hyderabad for handling the projects. Everyone in the house was happy, but a little tensed too because how could she live alone in the new city, then her sister told that the company will be providing the facilities and listening to that the family members felt a bit better.
Riya was little upset as her sister was leaving her. Riya was close to her sister as she used to share everything with her sister.

The next morning, her sister woke her up and asked, "Will you come to Hyderabad along with me?" That zipped Riya's lips. She had nothing to tell, and when her sister kept asking her, she denied the offer. She said that she wanted to be in her own city, get her graduation done but the main reason for the denial was that, she didn't want to leave her friends and her parents as she can't live without them.

Her sister was going through mixed feelings. She was happy as well as sad, happy because she got a promotion and sad because she had to shift to the other city. But, Riya was sad the whole day. Riya kept thinking about the new place and searched about the city on the internet.
She kept crying thinking of leaving her parents, the home she lived in, the city in which she grew up, the street lanes where she spent her whole childhood playing games; her situation was like the bride leaving her house after her marriage. She kept wandering at each corner of the house like she was leaving forever.

Riya along with her sister started packing their bags, they were little sad and when their mother entered their room, they both started acting fake. They kept the fake smile just to make their mother feel happy. Mother knew about her daughters more than they knew about themselves. She asked them not to cry, told them to be strong and brave, as they do not know anyone in the city, not to make many friends to avoid problems they may have to face later. Both the sisters agreed to their mother and said that they will be in touch with voice calling and video calling. Finally, while taking their mother's advice, they were done with their packing. They had their flight on the next day and it was their last day and last night on that bed, in that house.