"What for?"

"Cause we're gonna dig us some graves."

Cordelia POV

I wonder if I should get the black pumps or the heels today. Hmm, maybe I should get them both. Angel will know, he's good at this kind of thing. It's too bad Buffy burned him the way she did, or was it he who burned her? Anyway he'd be a great guy to work for if he wasn't so Buffy broody all the time. Where the hell is he anyway?

He's usually come out of that dank pit he calls home by the time I get to work. I get into the elevator and press down. Something must be wrong. Oh good work Cordy, that thought crosses your mind AFTER you trap yourself in a basement with very few exits and something that probably KILLED Angel. Wow what a great detective you are. You know what? Fuck that, this thing may be big and bad but it has never faced anything like Queen C the Super Bitch.

I start tip toeing around the basement.

If I can get the jump on it I may actually stand a better chance at living through this.

I peek around the corner to Angel's bedroom and something goes flying out of there so fast it knocks me over.

"Ow fuck, so much for the element of surprise."

I look up at what knocked me over, Angel.

"All right Angel what the hell is going on?"

He whispers his answer back.

"Shush, Cordelia not so loud."

Who the hell does he think he is telling me? Wait, why am I supposed to be quiet?

"Why?"

"You'll wake her."

As soon as he said that he cringed.

Her? Oh no, her? I get up and head towards Angel's bedroom. If he and Buffy... then Angel must be all evil and... Oh my god, it's Faith! What? Wait, Faith, Angel and Faith? No wait, Faith still has her clothes on, oh good. Now all I have to do is deal with the psychopathic SERIAL KILLER IN THE BASEMENT!

Angel runs up behind me and covers my mouth right before I scream.

"Wait, whoa, shush. Let's not... let's not have this conversation here."

We walk towards the elevator and get on. As we go up I take his hand off my mouth.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? Faith? You just woke up last night and decided what the hell? I think I'll kidnap a psychotic killer coma patient or something?"

"No I... I didn't think..."

We get to the top. He opens the doors and starts back walking.

Yeah you better believe it.

"That's right Angel you obviously weren't thinking, you need to get her back to that hospital before someone realizes she's gone."

"I think they already know."

Oh good this is gonna be fun.

"You're gonna get arrested for kidnapping you know? What if they put you in a cell with a nice sunrise view? You won't have time to become somebody's bitch cause you'll be a pile of dust. What the f..."

"Cordelia, shut up. I didn't kidnap her. I didn't find her, she found me."

Oh okay, well of course that makes it okay to have an evil killing machine move in downstairs.

"Besides you didn't see the shape she was in when I saw her."

"Oh so she looked cold and lonely and slightly less whorish than usual so you said 'Ah what the hell'?"

"Damn it Cordelia, would you just shut up and let me explain?"

Oh this should be good.

I step back and shift all my weight on to my back foot crossing my arms in front of me as I do.

"Look Cordy when she came out of nowhere it sounded like the old Faith but as she took out the vamp I was fighting I could see there was something different. When she dusted him she panicked as if she'd never seen one before, then she went into full on hysterical mode. She kept begging me to get away so she couldn't hurt me."

God how gullible can Angel get?

"And it never occurred to you that she might be faking it to get you to trust her? She's faked our friendship before. She might be doing it all over again."

Yeah good point Cordy, stick it to him.

"Look, I can smell fear and she reeked of it last night. She's not faking anything."

Aww shit, can't fight the nose, with that vamp sense of smell and all.

"Well... well what the hell are you gonna do with her now?"

"I'm not sure. I don't think she recognized me when she saw me but something deep down told her to trust me. All I can do right now is attempt and build on that, everything else will come later."

I walk over to my desk and pick up the phone.

"Who are you calling?"

"A friend."