"I miss him," Eloa confidently says. She straightens her back. Glancing at Jésus, she shrugs. With a short chuckle, she continues, "I . . I remember when I first met him. He was . .he was incredible. He walked down the hallways one day and one day he kissed me." She laughs, shaking her head. "The kid had the audacity to to say 'This means nothing,'." 

Jésus remembers hearing about the countless gossip that day. Farah had ran up to him, given him a kiss to his mouth and then began to spill the real story. Apparently, ever since Isaac had serenaded the lovely Eloa in the cafeteria, his friends were not able to keep their mouths shut from teasing him about it. 

Eloa was sitting at her table, waiting for the rest of her friends to arrive when she heard singing – it was Isaac. He was a mischevious little man, and his friends dared him to sing. So, he got a guitar and did just that. Isaac was also quite dramatic. So, he wanted to serenade someone – someone he could easily walk around and sing to. Fortunately, Eloa was the one who fell prey to this. 

He began to serenade her but when he got a glimpse of her face, he settled on the table she was sat at, in front of her, and sang . . not moving. He gazed into her eyes and sang.

And so his friends began to tease him, saying they knew that Isaac had slowly begun to like Eloa and Eloa did too.  

So, having had enough, Isaac went up to Isaac, right before lunch break and kissed in the hallway, in front of the world to see. They were seventeen and happy. 

But not happy for long. 

"I'm glad you're still here, Jésus," Eloa mumbles, looking at Jésus. Her fingers are stroking the grass as if they were Isaac's hair. . how she wished it was. 

Jésus wished it was him in there instead of Isaac. 

Jésus looks at her. The pain seeping through her. She had tears in her eyes. 

"I am so sorry, Eloa," Jésus sobs, leaning his head against her shoulder. Eloa links her arm with his. 

"None of this . . none of this ever was or ever will be your fault," Eloa assures, pressing a kiss to his temple. 

Truth be told, Eloa is/was Jésus' friend, first. After the entire cafeteria hoo-ha , Jésus invited her and Farah to his house for a geography revision session and Isaac had just woken up, his hear a mess and eyes droopy. When he saw Eloa there, he quickly changed and spend the day distracting the girl. 

"I wish it didn't have to be like this," Jésus wonders aloud. 

Eloa shrugs, leaning her head on top of his. "Remember, whatever happens, Isaac loves you. He is always proud of you and who you are." 

Jésus nods. He can't help but say, "But he loved you the most." 

Eloa freezes. Nevertheless, she relaxes and with a steady voice she replies, "Maybe so. But I think he loved you most."  

"You're lovely, Eloa. . I'm happy my brother met someone like you," Jésus compliments, closing his eyes. 

"Chuy," Eloa begins, calling him by her nickname for him, "Don't push people away, okay? You owe it to yourself to move on and not simply ignore it." 

Jésus lets her words sink in. That's all he has ever learned and done. He has only ever pushed people away – he pushed away his parents, brothers, sister and Farah. He finds it just not to let his hurt pain others. 

"Do you still love him?" Jésus whispers. 

The silence hangs in the air but it isn't uncomfortable. She takes a while to answer him.