Chapter 19 Leave me alone

i was laughing, i was having fun,all my friends surrounded me as i walked through the village,that's when the place got dark,blood stained walls flashed in my mind, the sound of screaming filled my ears and the sight of all the bodies haunted my mind.

That's when a pair of crimson red eyes slowly turned to stare at me, his hands were dripping with the blood of the villagers and his face screamed murder, the monster slowly walked towards me until we were inches apart, I tried to move but I was frozen, as though I had been stuck in place with glue, silent tears of fear rolled down my face as the monster bought his blood stained hand up to my face. he rose his hand and it went through my stomach, blood poured out, as I gasped for breath I could hear voices in my head,

"your nothing"

"what have you done"

"you could of helped us, but you didn't"

"traitor"

No its not true

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" I screamed.

I bolted up, the sun shone into my eyes, I could feel tears streaming down my face, a voice bought me back to reality, "Kia......Kai are you OK"

I looked around to see everyone staring at me with worried looks in there eyes, I could see Sesshomaru's eyes staring at me with a cold expression.

"are you OK" he asked, I looked away, "KAI what's wrong" he said again, a little harsher, i stayed silent, still looking away.

I felt a strong hand forcefully push my chin to look at them, I cried silent tears, his face gave a worried look, "DONT TOUCH ME" I screamed out, his eyes widened, " what was that dream about" he asked sternly, "dream......or memory" I whispered, but I know he heard, "why.....why did you kill them" I asked, "what are you talking Kai" he asked me worriedly.

"the village, why'd you kill them" I asked coldly, everybody gasped, and Sesshomaru's eyes widened and he (surprisingly) gave me a sorry look, "I'm ....... sorry" he said, I stared at him coldly "sorry won't bring them back" I said monotoned.

"just....leave me alone" and with that I jumped off the cliff and landed in the river at the bottom.

As i hit the cold water i gasped in surprise, i was kept under most of the time, after what seemed like hours, the water finally calmed down and was lucky enough to only have a busted lip, huge gash on my leg and no broken bones, so i was actually really lucky.

as i looked down, i could see my blood mix with  the clear water, i felt the water get shallower and i would of stood up but the gash on my leg stopped me from doing so, so i just layed on my back and let the current take me wherever it took me.

~flash back~

i was laughing and having fun, "hey wait up Kenara", she laughed as i tried to keep up with her, as we made it to our meeting point, i sprawled to the ground, "your....to...fast" i breathed out, she giggled and i smirked, i jumped on her and had a small wrestling match with her but (like usual) she won easily, i pouted "you always win".

"yep and don't you forget it" she said, "Kai, Kenara time to come inside", "yes mum" we both yelled out in unison.

~flash back end~

i could feel small tears fall down my cheek, i rubbed them away, wait I'm not moving, i looked around, i was on land, i smiled and stood up "how could i forget such memories"

as i walked I could feel the sun set, I looked down 'maybe I should back' I looked around "where am I" I thought.

Kero's POV

I looked around frantically,  where is she, I was meant to protect her and I couldn't even to that, I kept searching, I even searched through the sky, I felt tears prick at my eyes as I landed on the ground, only to see everyone staring at me with a hopeful glint in their eyes, Miko walked up to me and pulled slightly at my fur "did you find Kai" he asked, I smiled weakly as more tears fell from my eyes, "I..I'm s..so sorry, I c..couldn't find h..her" I stuttered out, "its OK Kero, you tried your best" Miko said, I felt a lump in my throat, I nudged his head as I cried silent tears, "I'm so sorry" I whispered.

Kai's POV

I felt my blood run cold as I realized that I was lost, 'no oh no no no no no no no' I thought aloud, I can't be lost.

'shit', I looked round trying to find something familiar.

wait, is that a light, I looked in to the distance and indeed saw a light, I smiled with relief as i started to walk over to it but what I saw wasn't a light, but a trap, because as soon as was 1 meter away from it I was scooped up into a fish net and was left there hanging.

I cried silent tears as I heard footsteps coming, "hahaha it work" I gruff voice called out, "looky what we'av here", "ohh such a pretty girl"

I was surrounded by drunken bandits, great *note sarcasm* , "we gonna have fun tonight, r..right boss" a smaller bandit with long fingers said, I looked around to see a tall, buff, fat man with a beard and mustache, I was assuming that he was the leader.

he chuckled, I flinch and pinched my nose, "could you please keep your mouth shut, your breath stinks worst then 2 week old fish covered in moldy socks" I asked politely, that shit him up, I could see his face going red, he started laughing, I gave him a WTF look, nd turned my head only to see everyone cower in fear.

luckily the moon was covered by clouds or else he would of seen that I was a demon, I smirked, "how about you let me out, then we could finally have some fun" I asked seductively, luckily it work because no more then 10 seconds later, I was on the ground, I smiled "thank you" and I was off, I killed the first by slitting his throat, the second ran in fear, so I let him be, I killed the rest by flooding them in water.

'thanks to the blood, Kero should be able to sense me' I thought to myself, "please Kero, please come'

I started to limp away.

Kero's POV

It was around midnight when I caught Kai's scent, I bolted up, I nudged Shippo, then everyone else, I told them to follow me.

"what's wrong Kero" Kagome asked groggily, "Kai"I replied,

I could see everyone's eyes open, "I also smell bandits blood" I mumbled, hoping that Kai was OK.

Kai's POV

I walked for a while, I needed to treat my leg soon or else it will become infected, I came across a small stream and so without thinking, I plunged my leg in, I gasped in pain, I ripped a bit of cloth from my shirt and started to slowly rub my leg, I clenched my teeth in pain but at least it won't get infected.

after I cleaned my wound, I used the cloth to wrap around my leg like a bandage, it imediantly felt better.

after all that commotion, I felt tired, so I found a nice comfy patch of grass and as soon as my head hit the ground I feel asleep.

"please Kero, come find me" I mumbled in my sleep

don't forget to vote :-)