Chapter 15 Friend

Kai's POV

as I moved around in my sleep, I could feel something soft underneath me, I looked down and smiled "Kero" I said softly.

Kero was wrapped up in a ball while I was lying in the middle, I snuggled in deeper when i felt something slimy on my face, I looked up an saw that Kero was awake and licked my face, I smiled again and scratched behind his ear.

"I...I'm sorry if I a..annoyed you, you don't h..have to be my friend if you don't want to" I said shyly, he laughed, "I'll be your friend, and if you want you could call me brother" I smiled and nodded my head, I then Hugged his fluffy fur.

after awhile of talking I finally got off him and walked with him outside.

as soon as the we were out of the cave I could see all eyes on me, and a few faces with scowls, until Koga came up to me, he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Kero, " Kai stay away from that.....that thing" he said while pointing his finger at Kero.

Kero growled, I went to walk over to him but Koga gripped my arm tighter, i sighed and threw Koga over my back, then chucked him into the wall, I them walked back over to Kero and jumped onto his back, he smiled and licked my face.

I heard gasps and whispering among the people, but I didn't care I've got Kero and Kero has me.

I looked among the wolves and spotted my normal looking brothers, I asked Kero to walk over to them.

I waved and Inuyasha rushed up to me searching me everywhere, Kero growled and Inuyasha did the same, "Inuyasha, hurt Kero and you DIE" I said sternly.

he looked at me and gulped while Kero just chuckled, "well we should start heading back home" I said, Kero's face fell.

I smiled "you can come to, I mean you are my protector"

his eyes widened "yes I heard the whole thing" I continued.

he gulped and nodded, "Kai what's this about protector and stuff" Inuyasha asked, "by protector I mean that if you or anyone or anything hurts Kai then I will KILL them" Kero answered, I smiled and nodded "he's like my other brother" I smiled happily.

Kero's POV

i felt as though my whole life was created to protect this little girl and i was happy about it.

this girl didnt care that i was diffrent, she even risked her life to save me, which did cause me to show my celestial wolf, but i dont care.

i felt really happy when she said that i was like her other brother. i nudged her, causing her to look down at me, "should we start heading out", she nodded, which caused the others to stare at her, "could you hear that" she asked the others, they all shook there heads."only the person that i was ment to protect can hear me, that why i was surprised that you could hear me" i told her, she nodded understandingly, i smiled, 'i dont know why, but i feel some sort of connection with this girl' i thought to myself.

i was really happy until he showed up.

Kai's POV

i was about to leave on Kero's back when he started to growl, "whats wrong Kero", he shook his head, i nodded slowly untill i saw him, Kunai, i waved at him and he waved back, before he put his hand in his pocket and started to run towards me, Kero stiffened and started to to growl, but more loudly then before, "whats wrong with the mutt" i heard Kunai say, now it was my turn to growl, "if Kero's a mutt then what are you......scum?" i replied, i felt Kero chuckle and i did the same.

"anyway what did you want" i asked curiously, his face brightened as he reached into his top and pulled out a small flower pin, my eyes widened with delight "thank you so much" i said enthusiasticly as he started to put it in my hair. (yes Kai's bipolar)

when he finished i pulled him into a hug, once i pulled apart i could see that his face went a deep crimson red, "are you ok Kunai, do you you have a fever, umm you need rest, no medicine ahhh KOGA" i started before he put his hands up in defence " i dont have a fever" "then why is your face red" i asked, he hugged me back "no reason" he said, i smiled and pulled apart.

"ill see you around" i replied and started to walk away with Kero.

Kunai's POV

as soon as she was further away i ran back to the cave, 'i blushed, I BLUSHED, argh whats wrong with me' i thought to myself.

don't forget to vote :-)