48: KISS

A/N: Quick disclaimer! Louis dreams more than what we see. The dreams you get to read about are just the ones that stand out and make a difference to the storyline, so just because we don't read about them for several chapters does definitely not mean he doesn't dream anymore.

I hope that explains it!

Louis, July 3rd

Being in love and being open about it was a whole new experience.

Ever since the day Harry and I exchanged our confessions on the picnic rug, I had been spreading the information all around. After having enlightened my best friend, I carried on by informing one of the cashiers at the local supermarket-who was, by the way, not interested in the slightest. I also told this old lady who sat next to me in the coffee shop. She was more on the supportive side, smiling politely and wishing us joy in the future.

It had been three weeks since that particular moment of joy had occurred, and I was still buzzing about it every time I thought of him.

And then there was Liam.

"Man, I'm an officer now. Like a proper business man."

At the start of the week, Liam had been transferred from his standard cubicle to a separate and vastly equipped office. And of course, the bloke was thoroughly satisfied with the matter.

Business day was nearing its end and I was still tucked under the duvet, embracing the warmth that radiated from my very own body-heat. My best friend and I were speaking through aural Skype while I was making progress in my screenplay, and Liam was enduring his unauthorised coffee break. Since he appeared to be a rather passive worker, it baffled me how his boss had decided to transfer him in the first place.

"Since I'm in the paramount department now, I now have my own intercom. And guess who I'm able to dial?" he asked.

I snorted. "The cute receptionist?"

"Correct."

"How's that going? Niall has suggested another bird for you in case it doesn't work out," I informed him, chuckling.

"Oh, I'd say it's going rather well. When I brought her some of the cocoa-lacking brownies and told her the story behind it, she thought it was pretty funny."

"Are you sure she laughed with you and not at you?"

During the following five minutes Liam tried to persuade me into thinking the poor girl was into him because she had replied with a bright "Good morning" when he greeted her in the day before instead of ignoring him, like the remaining mornings. He claimed the lack of recognition was a method of playful banter.

"Are you writing on your script? Your fingers are going crazy fast," he said, once the conversation had died out.

"Yeah," I beamed, my thumb hovering over the space bar. "I'm feeling really inspired."

"Since when?" he asked, referring to my recent writer's block.

"Since I fell for Harry, I suppose. Which must've been a while ago. I've been writing every day for a long time."

"Aw. So touching. How is it being in L-O-V-E?" he mocked me, as if I hadn't already told him over and over.

I sighed bitterly. "How is it being envious?"

Liam scoffed, offended. "I am not envying you! I am a-a very happy, compensated man. I don't need no affection."

"Which is why you've been fawning over the same girl for months, desperately trying to impress her with your vile baking," I sassed.