44: SECRET

A/N: The dream in this chapter will probably come across as confusing, so if you feel lost, don't worry. It's intended.

Louis, June 11th

Harry and Louis shared a rock as a seat. The taller one had his legs swirled around Louis' waist where he sat between his thighs while his boyfriend played with his slender fingers. At this point, Harry was pouring his heart out to him, hoping to obtain his concern. Which he did.

"It wasn't like he ever tried to stop it. It didn't even seem like he had a care in the world." And then he paused, sniffling a little. "Nobody cared."

"People are so fucking apathetic," Louis swore quietly and enfolded his arms around Harry's tender frame.

"You aren't," Harry piped.

So Louis hugged him close. "Tell me the rest of the story."

He gathered air to continue. "It turned out fine. I found a way to break free but nobody helped me. Not even the person I thought cared about me the most in the world."

"Harry," his partner whispered. "He didn't deserve you. And those people were spineless. Sadly, there aren't enough standards regarding kind and respectful behaviour. If there was, you wouldn't have been alone that night. But you know what?" Harry hummed into Louis' shirt. "You're worth breaking every spoken and unspoken rule for. They just didn't see that. Everyone should see that."

"Thank you," Harry sobbed. "I wish I'd had you from the start."

Louis kissed Harry's lips. "I wish the same thing. Every day."

That morning I woke up with watery eyes.

As an aftermath from the night before, Harry's arms were clinging onto me while his head rested in the centre of my chest. To my advantage, the two of us were still naked and had both lost touch of the duvet as we'd snuggled. But regardless of how exciting that view was, I was still feeling blue.

Without moving my chest-since that would probably wake him-I secured my arm around his waist to keep him close.

"Louis." Apparently, I'd still awakened him.

"Hey," I whispered and lifted his curly fringe to gain sight of his tired face. Simply seeing him reminded me of the dream and how broken he'd looked and sounded. It made me worried he felt the same in real life. "How are you feeling?"

"Sore," he confessed, and his eyes were still closed.

"Not about that," I mumbled. "I meant generally."

It was then that his eyelids peeled open. "Is this you being sentimental again?"

My thumb fondled into his hip. "I'm just making sure you're alright."

"I'm great," he promised and placed a kiss right next to my nipple. "In fact, I'd be even better if you moved your hand down a bit..."

"Not now," I mumbled, even though that had been tempting.

Harry's head perked up. "You okay?"

"Yeah?"

"Your eyes are puffy," he noted. "Have you been crying?"

My eyes blinked multiple times. "It's nothing."

A hand landed at my cheek. "Hey," he cooed. "What's wrong?"

"Don't worry about it," I mumbled.

Harry looked miserable. "Did you have a bad dream?"

Jesus, what are you? A mind-reader?