35: CHARM

A/N: Can we reach the highest comment score so far on this chapter? I think we might!

Harry,

We left Anaheim first thing after visiting the flea market.

It was upsetting to come to terms with the fact that what we'd expected to be the most cozy evening, had quickly transformed into a total disaster.

We'd expected sightseeing, a chatty shopping round and a stop at some cute ice cream store, but instead we took a one-hour bus ride back to Los Angeles. It was an easy decision for us to sit at the back of the vehicle, because then it was less problematic for Louis to cuddle up against my chest. And in that position, the boy sobbed and hummed thank-yous into my shirt.

Amongst forehead-kissing and comforting strokes in his hair, I put in all my efforts to in order to appear caringly compassionate. And it was working, I believe.

It was when we entered the lift to my building that Louis hugged me tight and said, "Never Anaheim again."

A snort sipped through my nose. "What a terrible city, am I right?"

"Dreadful," Louis muttered, and he was smiling.

"It wasn't photographic," I said, frowning jokingly. "The buildings were shit, as well."

"Yeah, especially the one you thought resembled a baby version of the Disney castle," he giggled into my shirt.

At that, I hugged him closer. "Disney castle my arse." Louis burst into laughter. "Even this bloody building is prettier. And this looks like an old container."

And Louis laughed harder.

Our relationship was nearing its second night, and it had already developed and grown into something I cherished so deeply.

My flat was no longer just a home. It was a place of shelter for the both of us, because the second we'd set feet inside that door, he was free to feel one-hundred percent comfortable with me. This sense of comfort must've been something that radiated through my skin, because Louis would not stop touching me.

He'd be holding my hand, brushing his fingers down my arm, or pulling me into random hugs.

"I'm gonna take a shower," he mumbled into what felt like the fourth-hundredth embrace.

"Do that," I replied and kissed his hair. "I'll make things cozy."

Louis,

Harry had brought a peculiar scent into the flat, which I noticed after exiting the steamy bathroom with his towel dangling from my hips.

It took me a couple seconds to distinguish that it came from his beloved scented candles he'd bought when we were out once. It was jasmine, but it appeared much fresher when it mixed with the fragrance that oozed from the shampoo I'd borrowed from his shelf.

I'd compressed my dirty clothes into a tight ball under my arms as I entered the bedroom, the new sight revealing that a brimming candle was indeed placed on his bedside table. Our puffy linens were somewhat organised on the bed where he laid, having crashed against the headboard with a cup of tea resting at his chin.

His smile appeared once he spotted me. "Hey," he chirped. "Want clean boxers?"

"Sure," I smiled and he tossed a pair that he'd already picked out from his side.

Once I'd succeeded at caughting the underwear in my hand (which was already occupied by my laundry), I scooted over to his closet and dropped the pile on the floor. It was quite daring of me to drop the towel right there, where he could easily watch my naked bottom from behind. But since I knew he'd like it, it didn't exactly bother me in any way.