13: NAMES

A/N: Thank you all for commenting so much! I can't get enough!

Harry,

To mine and Louis' blessing, our best friends had both consumed enough alcohol to convert the night at the club into a complete void.

Neither of them could recollect why Niall had a bloody nose (he later assumed he had gotten a nosebleed in his sleep) and neither of them understood why Liam had what resembled the tip of Niall's nose angrily poking out of his forehead.

For that reason, Louis convinced the latter one into thinking he had walked into a lamppost.

Thereafter, him and I cooked breakfast for all four of us.

Louis taught me how to scramble eggs, fry bacon and gave advice on which brands of cereal were the best. The boy was disappointed in me for replacing the so-called normal (according to him) bread with rye. In his opinion, the rye bread was by far the most repugnant addition to the entire breakfast table. He refused to eat it, even though Niall-shockingly-offered to share some of his Nutella (which was Louis' favourite spread).

By the time our guests had left the flat, Niall was already roaming through the kitchen to search for more food.

"Niall." I interrupted his trip through the pantry. He looked up, chewing on something that cracked, which I assumed was uncooked pasta. "Um, do you think it's easy to tell that I'm gay?"

This was a thought I had pondered over for quite some time. It wasn't usually something I would be bothered by, but as of right now, it truly was.

Niall balanced his hands on his hips. "Erm." While looking up at the ceiling, deep in thought, he replied, "Yep."

I sighed. "In what way?"

"I don't know." He shrugged, returning to his previous activity. "It just is."

I chewed the inside of my cheek, frustrated to say the least. "So you think Louis knows?"

"Hang on a second." He stopped focusing on the snack drawer in front of him when he realised where the conversation was heading. "You're closeting yourself because of him?"

I shrugged, but I meant yes.

"Why would you do that? You've been open about it ever since you were in high school!"

"I know!" I whined. "I just-I've never really felt this way about a person. Like, I admire everything about him and that's really rare. He's freaking flawless."

"And?"

"He's not gay!"

"So?"

In a habit, I started fiddling as I wasn't sure of how to explain. "Him and I, we have this-this great connection. He tells me everything. We compliment each other all the time. God, we even shared the same bed!"

Niall crossed his arms. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"I don't want to lose it."

He frowned. "Why would you? You think he's a homophobe, or what?"

"No!" I shut my eyes, irritated. "I just..." I sighed, trailing off. "What if he didn't want to have that connection anymore if he knew I was gay? What if he didn't want to be close to me anymore, because he knew I didn't look at him the same way he looked at me?"

"I think he's well aware that you being gay doesn't automatically imply that you want to hump his dick."

I winced. "Jesus, don't say it like that!" Niall grimaced at my comment. "Anyone with two eyes could figure out that I'm into him. And if he knew I was gay, it would probably just confirm it for him."