9: COINCIDENT

A/N: Just to clarify, when there's no date behind the name ("Harry," or "Louis,"), that means it's the same day as the it was in the previous chapter!

Harry,

Watching a sleekly dressed Niall sip on a cocktail was like witnessing an honest miracle.

When I first had offered him one, he claimed he was an antisocial twat (which wasn't an uncommon title coming from him) and that he couldn't bare drinking anything besides water, soft drinks or possibly a light beer.

Nonetheless, once the drink finally had appeared on the board, he happily accepted it, supposedly because it had "funny colours".

In childish manners, Niall happily spun his bar stool to make himself rotate in circles until he was dizzy enough to almost slip down from the seat. Once he'd steadied himself with a hand secured on the tabletop, he grimaced awkwardly while panting through slight panic.

"The music's so loud I can barely hear my own bloody thoughts!"

"That's the point!" I exclaimed, standing up from my own stool and adjusting my pants. "Let's go dance!"

His brows knitted together. "I don't dance. You know that!"

I pulled his arm, giving him a look. "Everybody dances."

He shook his head and downed the remaining liquid in his martini glass. "Nah-uh. It's not in me, Harry! You know I'm not comfortable with doing things I'm not used to!"

Because I'd had enough, I snatched the glass from his hand, placed it down in the bar and pulled his arm harder, finally provoking him to leap down from the spinning stool.

"Did you forget why we're here?" I asked, raising my brows.

"No!" he exclaimed. "I'm here to pull a bird! Lip-attack!"

I elbowed his side cheerfully. "Exactly! Is that something you're used to?"

"N-No, but-" He reached for an argument. "Just because I'm doing one absurd thing tonight doesn't mean I can can casually add another one to the list!"

"Dancing isn't absurd! You're absurd for not doing it!"

"I don't care! I'm not gonna dance!"

"Jeez! You're so stubborn! I don't know how I'm ever gonna get a girl to willingly come up to you!"

In that moment I realised the world works like magic. Apparently, my words were laced with wizardry, because the second they had slipped from my lips, a drunk girl with auburn hair and strikingly bright blue eyes appeared next to Niall, her lively gaze studying his face and frame as if the boy was constructed by sugar and everything else sweet.

"Hello!" she chirped.

Niall was stunned. "Uhh..." He scratched his neck, tilting his head to the side. "H-Hey?"

The girl grinned (even though the bloke had been awkward as hell), which presented a slight gap between her front teeth. A straight man would probably say she was sexually appealing, I guess. At least it seemed as though Niall thought so, judging by the way he was blinking repeatedly while gawking at her face.

In an Australian accent, she went, "My friend is a bit further away," (her eyes shifted between the two of us) "I'd love to introduce her to you both!"

Niall gulped visibly. "Oh, it's fine-"

"Yes!" I interjected, a little too eagerly. "Let's go find her!"

If blondie wasn't getting smooched tonight, when would he?

The redhead clutched her arm around mine in a tight hook and I did the same with Niall before she lead us through the dense crowd.